Hey People, In this article, I will be sharing with you, a tutorial on how to create graphs in Google docs. All the details with simple steps about how to create graphs in Google docs are explained here.
So, let’s start with the details about Google Docs.
Basic Details –
Google Docs has proven to be a great alternative and a free version of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Although they are free, many features are missing from Microsoft’s tools. Either way, most users find these Google apps functional enough to perform their day-to-day tasks. One of these activities is adding graphics to text documents.
Sadly there is no direct way to create graphs or charts in google docs. To create those you need to visit google sheets which is also available for free.
There are two ways you can insert graphs in your Google docs. You can insert it from the menu and you can insert the graphs that you have created in your Google Sheets.
Use Google Sheets to Insert Your Chart While charts may seem static, they’re quite dynamic. All you have to do is enter the data and tell the app which type of chart one needs to show. As mentioned above, this is work done with the help of Google Sheets. Simply enter the data into a spreadsheet, select the data and insert a chart.
So, before how to create graphs in Google Docs, let me start with how you can create graphs in Google Sheet and insert it in your Google Docs.
Must check out – How To Delete Page In Google Docs. Explained In Easy Steps.
How to create graphs in Google Docs –
I will share both methods one by one. Let me first share how to create graphs in Google docs.
To add a chart in Google Docs –
- Open google docs.
- Go to Insert from the above menu.
- Click on Chart. ( You can select the chart that you want to add to your Google Docs. )
- And choose the chart type that best matches your data set. You can always change the chart type later, so don’t worry if you think you want to change the chart type in Google Docs.
Now, you know that we have the option to add or insert graphs from Google Sheets to Google Docs. So, let me share the steps.
How to insert chart from Google Sheet to Google Docs –
If you have already created a chart or graph in Google Sheets and want to insert it in your Google Doc, then select From Sheets when prompted to select a chart type.
- Open chart in Google sheets as soon as you add the chart to a Google Doc, a new spreadsheet is created in Google Sheets to hold the chart data. To customize the chart, you need to edit the dataset in Google Sheets.
– On a new tab or window type google sheet and open it.
– On google sheet, you will find a chart named untitled select that.
2. Edit Chart Data in Google Sheets.
Now you’ll review and edit chart data directly in Google Sheets. The chart will be visible below your dataset and should update as you change the data.
– Select and edit values and terms for each subset of data.
3. You can edit graphs details with the help of graph editors.
We recommend that you edit the chart or graph details to ensure they display exactly as you want in Google Docs.
– To open the chart editor: double-click the chart or graph.
– On the right side of the screen, there is a key for the graphic editor.
Now, let me share one tip which will help you in how to create graphs in Google docs.
Tip:Using Chart Editor in Google Sheets you can edit the charts: color, size, lines, and other small details.
4. Go back to the chart in Google Docs.
If you left the linked chart in Google Sheets, it will update whenever you make a change in Google Sheets. and new updated charts or graphs will be visible to you over here. You can change the size and position of the graphic in the document by dragging or clicking to open the image editor.
So, these are the steps that you can use on how to create graphs in Google docs. Now let me share my final thoughts on our tutorial about how to create graphs in Google docs.
Must checkout – How To Change Margins In Google Docs? Explained In Easy Steps.
Final Words –
As you see, learning how to create graphs in Google Docs isn’t that difficult, but it’s a beneficial solution for organizing and displaying data. Go through this article thoroughly to avoid any doubts any misunderstandings will you perform your task. I hope you have great learning and these steps will be helpful for you.
If you have any questions let me know in the comments.