Recently Samsung announced the Android 10 Download for Snapdragon Galaxy S10+ One UI 2.0 beta OTA update zip [T-Mobile USA]and now we have the Download links for the OneUI 2.0 Beta Firmware Program along with an installation guide to install One UI 2.0 Beta on Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e using the Stock Recovery Method. This Beta program might be extended to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10+ in the coming time. Stay updated to know more.
Note that the OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware, which is based on Android 10, is currently compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S10 series devices. Here is a list of the supported devices –
- Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G970F/DS)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ (SM-G975F/DS and SM-G975U)
- Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G097F/DS)
How to Opt for OneUI 2.0 Beta OTA Package on Galaxy S10 devices?
The official OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware Program was recently announced, and it began with some eligible devices in South Korea. As per the SamMobile report, this beta program is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S10 Snapdragon variants in the US as well, along with extending for countries like India and Germany very recently.
If you have a device eligible for the OneUI 2.0 Beta program (i.e., a Samsung Galaxy S10, S10+, or S10e), then follow the steps mentioned below so as to opt-in for Android 10-based One UI 2.0 Beta Program –
- To start with, go to the Play Store or the Galaxy Apps Store and then install the Samsung Members app.
- Open the app after installing and log in using your Samsung account ID.
- After you have logged in, navigate to the ‘Notices’ section of the Samsung Members app.
- Tap on One UI Beta Program Registration.
- After signing up, go to Settings > Software update and then download and install official One UI 2.0 beta on your Galaxy S10 device.
If this Beta Program is not available at your region, you can just go ahead, scroll down this article and download and install the OneUI 2.0 Beta Firmware update manually as per the guide and links are given below.
Do have a look at how to Download Stock Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+ update via Odin FlashTool.
What’s new in the Samsung Galaxy S10 OneUI 2.0 Beta OTA Package?
As mentioned earlier, the OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware is actually based on Android 10, and hence, it is quite intuitive that the Android 10 goodies will be a part of it. Features of the Android 10 OS like enhanced privacy controls, Focus Mode, system-wide Dark Theme, Live Mode, Focus Mode, Smart Reply in notifications, highly improved gesture navigation, and so on will be seen in this Beta firmware update.
Not just that but we also have some additional attracting features that are mentioned as below –
System-Wide Dark Mode for Lock screen & Home screen
The system-wide dark mode is now no new to Samsung devices. But the change here is that unlike the Android 9 Pie running devices, the OneUI 2.0 Beta comes with a System-Wide Dark mode that has been extended to the Home Screen and the Lock screen as well.
Now is that not amazing? A truly System-Wide Dark Mode? The brightness, as well as the color of the icons, texts, images on the Home, and the lock screen, will be much better to see in the dark mode. This dark mode for the Lock Screen is named as ‘Smart Lock Screen’.
Intuitive Gesture Navigation
Although Intuitive Gesture Navigation might not be as much interesting to people, let me tell you it does play a major role in your user experience. This feature, similar to one seen on the Pixel Android 10 smartphones, is now available for the Samsung users as well.
As usual, the Korean OEM has again focused on the simple and streamline interactions by improvising the User Experience. The space that some elements used to take on the screen has been critically minimized. This includes the calling notification and volume control bar.
Both these notification pop-ups that most of the users found disturbing while using the phone have now been considerably minimized. So no more disturbances on the way while you are watching a movie or playing a game. You will receive the notifications properly, but their size won’t bother anymore.
Improvised Digital Wellbeing with Focus Mode
Another one of the major features that Samsung always considered was the Digital Wellbeing with Focus Mode. In the Digital Wellbeing section of the Samsung S10 devices, a new ‘Focus Mode’ option is added through the OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware.
This mode allows the user to truly focus on what they are doing on their device without letting any distractions affect them. One can avoid the notifications from apps that they have enabled in the Focus Mode. A whitelist can also be added that will keep up with those apps in that list.
- Make a note that the OTA Package mentioned in this article is a Beta firmware, meaning that it is yet in the active development and might consist of some bugs that may affect your device usage.
- There is nothing to worry about as the Sideloading OTA Zip using Stock Recovery or flashing a stock firmware through Odin tool will not trip the KNOX counter. The warranty of your device will still be safe even after performing the below procedure.
- Once this Beta program is finished, the stable Android 10 based OneUI 2.0 update will roll out for Galaxy S10 devices. At such times, we recommend you to reinstall the earlier Android Pie Stable firmware with the help of SamFirm Tool as per the CSC Code of your device.
- Another major thing that you need to consider before getting into the installation procedure is that it is good to have a basic knowledge of the Command-Line tool i.e., Terminal Window and PowerShell.
- Also, the mentioned Android 10 based One UI 2.0 Beta OTA packages will require your Galaxy S10 to be on Android Pie firmware with the following build numbers –
- For Exynos variant (G970F, G973F, and G975F) – ASII build number
- For Snapdragon variant (G970U, G973U, and G975U) – BSI4 build number
- OTA packages for Exynos variants are only supportive to the Galaxy S10 devices with multi-CSC OXM. To see if your device is compatible with it, just open the dialer and then enter *#1234#. Then see if it shows “OXM” as part of the CSC version.
Download Samsung Galaxy S10 One UI 2.0 Beta Package
The OTA Package of OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware based on Android 10 is now available to download for Samsung Galaxy S10 Series devices, including – S10, S10e, and S10 Plus. This beta firmware package has the build number – ZSJ8 and has October 2019 Security Patches.
Thanks to the XDA Member henklbr, for sharing with us all the download links for the Exynos Variants. Equally thanks to the firmware.science for offering the download links for Galaxy Snapdragon Variant.
Just note here that the Exynos variants come in the ‘.bin.’ Format and after downloading, you will have to rename it as “update.zip”. Also, make sure to download the appropriate OTA Package as per the model number and phone name of your device.
Samsung Galaxy S10 (SM-G973F)
ASII → ZSJ8 (Beta 1) – Download link
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (SM-G975F)
ASII → ZSJ8 (Beta 1) – Download link
Samsung Galaxy S10e (SM-G970F)
ASII → ZSJ8 (Beta 1) – Download link
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus (SM-G975U)
BSI4 → ZSJ8 (Beta 1) – Download link
Here is a list of requirements that one must fulfill before following the guide and getting into the installation of OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware on Galaxy S10 devices.
- Take a complete backup of your device data. Even if this data will not be wiped out in the process, it is still always better to have the complete backup.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download Android SDK Platform-tools, i.e., ADB and Fastboot binaries on your PC. Or you can also use Minimal ADB & Fastboot.
- Download ASII and BSI4 firmware with the help of the SamFirm tool and then flash it.
Install Android 10 based OneUI 2.0 Beta on Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+
Assuming that you have followed all the above prerequisites and made a note of the notes given below, we can begin with the guide –
- Download OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware package from the links mentioned above as per your device.
- Copy this downloaded folder to the PC, where you have installed the ADB and Fastboot binaries.
- Go to the Folder and press the Shift Key. Simultaneously right click on the empty space in the folder.
- A menu will now appear on the screen of which select, ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S10 device.
- Now reboot the Samsung Galaxy S10 series device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn off your device completely and then connect it to the PC using the USB Cables. Then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons altogether.
- When you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “Apply update from ADB“.
- Type the below command for making sure that your device has been detected by ADB –
- Then type the below command so as to install OneUI 2.0 Beta Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10 device.
ADB sideload update.zip
The Update will now begin to install. The progress of this installation will be shown at the bottom of the screen. It might take some time to finish this process hence be patient until then. Just make sure not to disconnect the device until the update is totally installed. Your Samsung Galaxy S10 Device will boot once the update is finished.
I hope the article was of use. In case of any doubts, let us know in the comment section below. We will be happy to help. Stay tuned for more such updates!
Happy Androiding 🙂