If you are wondering How to Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands, then here is a detailed guide on the same. If it so happens that you have bricked your OnePlus 9 or OnePlus 9 Pro, then do not panic. With our easy guide, you can unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro in 3 simple steps! Just keep reading further.
OnePlus devices are indeed one of the most popular mobile phones used out there. Thanks to the customer-centric approach of the OEM that manages to provide both features and cost-efficiency at the same time. The OEM is now all set to dominate the Android world yet again with their 9th iteration – OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro. (Hopefully one more member in this series.)
With all the ongoing talks of the latest android device, the custom development for the same has also begun with all strength. Indeed one can soon perform various advanced level procedures on their OnePlus 9 like – Rooting, installing Custom Recovery, and much more.
But as you might already know, all such custom developments come with many risks. If not done properly, one might face a major risk like Device Bricking Soft brick, or boot loop. But do not worry. This is solvable and should not stop you from customizing your device.
In case you have bricked the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro device, then do not worry as We have got you covered! Follow the below 3 step guide on how to Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands.
How to Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands
Here is a detailed guide on how to Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands. But first, make sure to follow all the below-mentioned requirements before you get into the actual 3-step process.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools – Android SDK Platform-tools are an essential set of tools that are used in custom development. The ADB and Fastboot Google binaries are needed to perform unbricking OnePlus 9 Pro. Download the tools from the link mentioned below and save them to any convenient location on your PC and then extract them.
- Download OnePlus 9/ Pro Stock Firmware – Go to the official OnePlus Page to download stock ROM for OnePlus 9/Pro. After downloading, extract this file to any location on your PC. This will give you a few files which also include the Payload.bin file. This is an important file as we will be using it to unbrick OnePlus 9 with Fastboot commands.
- Make sure to use working USB Cables in order to connect your device to the PC.
Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands
Given below is a simple guide to Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands in 3 simple steps.
Step 1: Convert OnePlus 9/Pro payload.bin to Fastboot ROM
To begin with, you will have to convert the payload.bin file to Fastboot and get the IMG files to flash them in the respective partitions. For this purpose, you can follow our detailed guide here – Extract Android OTA Payload.bin File using Payload Dumper Tool
You will have to now Move the OnePlus 9/Pro Fastboot ROM files to ADB Directory. Now that you have got the Fastboot files, move them to the Platform-tools folder on your PC.
Step 2: Boot OnePlus 9/Pro to Fastboot Mode
Boot OnePlus 9/Pro to fastboot Mode using the below steps –
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold down the Power and Volume keys together.
- While pressing the above keys, connect your device to the PC using USB Cables.
The above method can be used if your device is bricked. But if your OnePlus 9 Pro is working just fine, then you can enter the below command to enter into fastboot mode –
ADB reboot bootloader
Step 3: Unbrick OnePlus 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands
- Go to Platform-tools folder on your PC and enter cmd in the address bar. Then hit enter to open Command Prompt.
- Enter the below command to wipe off your device data –
- Now enter the below commands one at a time in the CMD window.
fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash cpucp cpucp.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash oplusstanvbk oplusstanvbk.img fastboot flash oplus_sec oplus_sec.img fastboot flash qweslicstore qweslicstore.img fastboot flash shrm shrm.img fastboot flash splash splash.img fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot flash vbmeta_vendor vbmeta_vendor.img fastboot flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img fastboot flash vm-bootsys vm-bootsys.img
- Once you have entered the above commands one at a time, over half of the files will be flashed. For the next half files, you will have to use FastbootD Mode. To enter fastbootD mode on OnePlus 9/Pro, enter the below command –
fastboot reboot fastboot
- With the above command, your device will boot into Fastboot D mode. Now you will have to flash the other half files using the below commands one at a time –
fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash odm odm.img
- Now reboot your device back to Fastboot Mode. For that enter the below command –
fastboot reboot bootloader
- Lastly, enter the below command to reboot your device into the OS –
And you are done here! You have successfully Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands.
Do not miss – How to Fix OnePlus Bootloop issue on Locked Bootloader
I hope that you have all found the above article of use and could easily Unbrick OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro using Fastboot Commands. In case you are stuck at any of the above steps, then feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.