After getting available for devices like Samsung Galaxy S10e/S10/S10+, Snapdragon Galaxy S10+ [T-Mobile USA], Exynos Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus, now Samsung has released the OneUI 2.0 Beta Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and 10 Plus.
Users of Galaxy Note 10/ 10 Plus can now experience all the amazing One UI 2.0 Features on their device that include improved design along with all the Android 10 goodies. Does not matter if you did not get the Android 10 Update on your Note 10 yet, here is the OneUI 2.0 Latest Beta program that will let you experience Android 10 on your Galaxy Note 10.
The registrations for OneUI 2.0 beta have been started with the programs beginning in Germany, UK and other countries as well. So if you want to opt for the Registration slots, you can simply download the Samsung Members App on your Galaxy Note 10 and then register from the Notice Section.
However, if your notice did not get accepted or you do not receive any notifications until a good long time, you can simply download and install the OneUI 2.0 beta Update from the links mentioned below and using the installation guides. Here you go –
Download One UI 2.0 Beta based on Android 10 for Exynos Galaxy Note 10/ Note 10 Plus
Downloads from Samsung Servers- OneUI 2.0 Beta
Exynos Galaxy Note 10 One UI 2.0
Exynos Galaxy Note 10+ One UI 2.0
One might also need the –
- Download Samsung Stock firmware using SamFirm Tool from Samsung Server
- Download Odin Tool with Flashing and Installation Guide
Firmware downloads –
Before proceeding any further, here are some major points that one ought to consider –
NOTES for eligible devices! The update zips are only for MULTI-CSC OXM! You can check this by dialing with your phone app at – *#1234#, and check if OXM is in the middle of CSC-build. If it is present, then proceed.
Eligible OXM multi CSC builds are ( ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single: ( BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA )
Update Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10 Plus to One UI 2.0 based on Android 10
Before we get into the actual methods and steps to install this beta update, here are a few requirements that one will have to meet.
Given below are a few requirements that one must fulfill before following the guide and getting into the installation of OneUI 2.0 Beta firmware on Galaxy Note 1o devices.
- Take a complete backup of your device data. Even if this data will not be wiped out in the process, it is still always better to have the complete backup.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download Android SDK Platform-tools, i.e., ADB and Fastboot binaries on your PC. Or you can also use Minimal ADB & Fastboot.
- Download the above given firmware for Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus with the help of the SamFirm tool and then flash it.
Mentioned below are the different methods one can use to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 10/10 Plus to Android 10 One UI 2.0.
Method 1. Local Upgrade Method (Without PC)
- To initiate with, download the latest One UI 2.0 Beta Update from the links given above.
- Now move the above ROM file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Place this zip file outside every folder.
- Follow the path – Settings app> System updates> Tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- When you see an upgrade package, click on it and then press the install option.
- Installation process will now initiate.
- When the installation is finished, your device will then automatically reboot. It might take a few seconds or minutes for the first boot.
Method 2. ADB Sideload Method
- Download OneUI 2.0 Beta Update for Galaxy Note 10 and 10 Plus.
- Now Rename the file as as
- Then move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10 Plus into Recovery Mode. For this, switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Using the USB Cables, connect your device to the PC.
- Open Command prompt or a terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip.
- For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now go to the ‘Device Recovery and then choose ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to a location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device. The Update will be installed on your device.
In case you have a SD Card option, you can use the Stock Recovery method which has been described below.
Method 3. Samsung SDK Platform Tools
Step 1. First of all check that your Samsung Galaxy Note 10/ 10 Plus is running on the latest Android 9.0 Pie ASJ2 Build.
Step 2. Now from the links mentioned above, download ASJ2 -> ZSJF OTA update zip.
Step 3. Then rename the zip file to
Step 4. Move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
Step 5. Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
Step 6. Now is the time to extract the SDK Files to your PC.
Step 7. Then you have to enter the extracted folder and place the update.zip in it.
Step 8. In the folder, Open Command prompt or a terminal window. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
Step 9. Now reboot the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons altogether.
Step 10. When you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – apply update via ADB.
Step 11. Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
Step 12. Enter the below command in the command prompt to see if your device has been detected or not –
Step 13. When you find your device in the list, the next command you have to enter is below –
./adb sideload update.zip
The update will now soon be installed and then you can reboot your device. You can repeat the same process for the next OTA Update beta 2, 3 and so on.
Method 4. Stock Recovery Method (OTA update zip installation)
- For this method to follow, you should have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10/Note 10 Plus.
- Download OneUI 2.0 Beta update zip from above.
- Then Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Now reboot the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons altogether.
- When you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – apply update from SD card.
- Go to the update zip file in SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now begin. It may take some while just be patient until then. Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
Use the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
That’s how easy it was to install and update your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 or Note 10 Plus to OneUI 2.0 Beta Update.
I hope the article was of use and assume that you have successfully updated to the latest OneUI on your Galaxy Note 10/Note 10 Plus. Do Feel free to let us know about any doubts you have in the comment section below.