Magisk Manager APk and Magisk Zip is an app that manages the system less rooting through Magisk. Using Magisk, you can root your device as well and also make any modifications to your system. It offers seamless rooting by not altering or modifying your system. So if you want to know how to root your device seamlessly, keep reading further.
Rooting a device sounds cool but hey, what about the Banking apps that are today’s necessity or the gaming apps like Pokemon Go that define the trends today? Is rooting your device worth losing essential apps like those of baking? Well, this question will not worry you anymore by the end of this article. Want to know why? Keep scrolling!
What is Magisk 2020?
Magisk is the most popular rooting apps available over the internet to gain access to Android devices. Magisk is an Android utility that grants you a system less rooting on your Android device and is managed with an app names Magisk Manager.
Magisk is developed and maintained by the Android developer topjohnwu.
Magisk Manager is an app similar to SuperSU which is pre-installed on your device after you have rooted your device. The app is an amazing way to root your Android phone and is getting more and more popular among the tech geeks.
This app serves the purpose of unrooting your device and then rooting it with the help flashing Magisk-v20.1 zip and all via seamless rooting. Also, you can make use of this app for the system less rooting on your device.
How Magisk works?
Magisk is an app that roots your device but using a Universal Systemless Interface. That is this app roots your phone without modifying or changing the system files or partition.
This means that users can still install OTA Updates and Download and use Banking and Gaming apps like Pokemon Go on their rooted Android devices.
Magisk is an Open Source Rooting solution for Android and you can install Magisk using the Magisk Manager app, which we have mentioned below. You can also create your app or mod using Magisk.
Basically Magisk roots the Android devices and lets users hide the root on their Android phones. Thus solving the only issues people had with rooting phones – Installing OTA Updates and using Banking Applications. This all is possible because of the features of Magisk Hide which you can more of by scrolling down.
Magisk Manager V7.5.1 Features
Magisk Manager, apart from not adding any additional files to your system, has a following of some major features which I would like to throw some light on.
- You do not need to search on the internet for the ways to uninstall Magisk from your device. The option for the same is available on the app itself. So you can Uninstall Magisk from the same app itself.
- There appears to be a downloads section maintaining all your records.
- With the help of Magisk, you can make any changes in your system prop-files, including reading files only. You can make changes to the build of your system.
- With this very great feature from Magisk, you can actually hide the root from the games or banking apps such as Android pay, Pokemon GO, banking applications, etc. Not only this, but you can also cover up the root permissions from the application.
- It is an open-source root solution that is based on the phone’s SuperUser which is in turn based on CM Superuser.
- Magisk is easy to build and develop for and there is no limit to the functionalities that can add as it has a large developer and fan base as well.
- If you wish to grant or deny the permission of any app, you can surely do that with MagiskSU. However, this option is worth the use only for Rooted Android devices.
- It comes with Resetprop which allows you to make any modifications to system properties, including read-only props.
- You can make any changes, make any modifications to your system. And all this without even any effects on your device partitions.
- Magisk is free to use the app. You will be not charged any hidden costs for using this app.
- In this app, there are various modules the same as the Xposed Framework you can install the modules on your device.
Download Magisk Manager v7.5.1 APK and Magisk v20.4 Zip 2020
Magisk Zip can be said as the CPU of the SuperSU Rooting Framework. All the major work is run by Magisk Zip. In order to Root Android device, you will have to, first of all, unlock Bootloader of Android phone and install a Custom Recovery. Then you will have to flash magisk Zip file using the Custom Recovery. Given below is the magisk Zip file information below which we have linked the Magisk Zip file download.
|File Name||Magisk Zip|
|Downloads||10 Million +|
|Last Updated||January 2020|
Magisk Manager Apk
Magisk APK is a root manager app that manages the root permissions on the device rooted using Magisk. It helps in granting permissions to the app that requires root permissions. The best part about this app is that it helps you install Magisk Modules and thus boost the functionality of your Android device.
Earlier the Magisk app was available to download on Google Play Store. However, it was later removed due to policy violations. But do not worry as we have mentioned the link to download magisk Apk below.
Given below is the Magisk APK information below which we have linked the Magisk APK download.
|App Name||Magisk Manager|
|Downloads||10 Million +|
|Last Updated||January 2020|
Install Magisk Manager Latest v7.5.1 on Android Phone
Step 1. First of all, Download Magisk Manager App.
Step 2. Enable Unknown Sources on your Android device by going to the Settings> Security> Unknown Sources.
Step 3. Then Install the app.
Step 4. Then follow the installation process again.
Step 5. Then Open the app.
Step 6. In case you already have Chainfire SuperSU installed on your device, then allow the root permission.
Step 7. Hit the Install button and then you will be asked to choose the method of installation. Here, simply click on ‘Direct Install’. This will install the file directly on your device without using Custom Recovery.
Step 8. Or else you can also tap on ‘Download Zip File Only’.
Once the download is finished, Magisk will open on your device automatically.
In case you chose the ‘Download Zip File Only‘ option, you will see that the file is downloaded and you will then have to reboot your device. Then you can reboot your device and open the Magisk Manager App.
That is it. You have successfully installed the Magisk App on your device.
How to Root Android Phone Using Magisk v20.4
Here is a simple yet clear procedure on how to install Magisk Manager on your Android device.
Step 1. To start with, make sure you have taken a complete backup of your Android device before getting into this procedure. Then Download Magisk V20.4 from the links given above.
Step 2. Place the zip file in the internal storage of your device and do remember the location where you have saved the file.
Step 3. Now reboot your device into recovery and also ensure that you have a custom recovery such as TWRP is installed on your Phone.
Step 4. In the TWRP Recovery, click on the install button. Then move Magisk V20 from your internal storage to SD Card.
Step 5. Now, install the .zip file on your device and wait until it is getting installed on your device. Once it is done, you are successful at flashing Magisk on your device.
Step 6. Then Reboot your phone. Then see if it works on your device.
Step 7. Lastly, download the Magisk Manager APK from the link given above and install the app as instructed.
Finally, you can open the app and enjoy rooting!
What is Magisk Hide?
Magisk Hide is one amazing feature of the Magisk Manager app. One can use this feature so as to hide the root permission for a particular banking app or game app like Pokemon Go.
Thus even after having a root, you can carry out all the processes that otherwise would not be possible over a rooted Android phone.
To use this feature, you can follow the below steps –
To begin with, see if the app is working on your device or not.
Then, Open Magisk and go to the Menu, present as three horizontal lines over the top left corner.
From the menu, tap on ‘Settings‘.
Go down the page in the Settings menu and enable the Magisk Hide option.
Again tap on the Menu Key and you will see the Magisk Hide option. Tap on it.
Then choose the app from which you want to hide the root.
Once you select all the apps that you want to hide the root from, you are good to go and run those apps without caring about the root.
Download Canary Magisk
If you are looking forward to downloading Canary Magisk for rooting a new system, here is a link to the complete guide on how to download and Install Canary Magisk to root New System e.g., Android 11 OS.
Canary Magisk is nothing but a revamped UI for Magisk. To download and install Magisk Canary, you will have to first uninstall Magisk. The Canary Magisk version offers a completely new User Interface with blue and white colors.
How to install Magisk Modules?
Magisk Modules are basically add on packages that one can install using Magisk Manager apk. Generally, Modules or MODs, when installed, would alter the system partition. However, since Magisk roots Android systemless, Magisk Modules to do not interfere with the system partition. Thus, Magisk modules do not void the warranty of your device. These Magisk Modules offer additional functionality on your rooted android device.
Given below are some of the best Magisk Modules that you can download and then install using the guide below.
Pixel 2 Experience
OnePlus Slate Font
Hide Navigation Bar
Manually Install Magisk Module Zip Files
- Download the Magisk Module Zip file that you want to flash on your Android phone.
- Now open Magisk Manager App.
- Click on the Menu icon present at the top left corner.
- Now click on ‘Modules’.
- Then tap on the Yellow Plus ‘+’ button at the bottom.
- Choose the Magisk Module zip file. Browse and choose the same.
- Once you choose the zip file, hit the ‘Install’ option so as to flash Magisk Module via Magisk Manager App.
- The Magisk module will now be flashed.
- When the flashing process completes, tap on ‘Reboot‘ so that the changes take place.
Download Magisk Modules from Magisk Manager App
- To start with, Open Magisk Manager App.
- Go to the menu icon and then click on ‘Downloads‘.
- When you are in the downloads, look for the Magisk Module you want to install. Then click on the Download icon.
- You will be asked for confirmation.
- Tap on INSTALL to install Magisk Module on Android.
- The module will be now flashed on your device.
- Now click on REBOOT for the changed to take effect.
That Magisk Module will now be installed on your Android device.
Magisk Vs. SuperSU
Magisk Manager is an app that does not make any difference in your system files. It will modify the boot.img to magisk.img. However, it will not add any files to your system.
Magisk is an Open Source app that lets users see its Source Code. Even Android comes through an Open source-based platform and thus people prefer Magisk Over SuperSU.
Contrary to this, when you root your device with the help of SuperSU, it does automatically make changes in the System files and also does add some files in the system partition.
No Financial application or no OTA updates will be received by you when you install SuperSU. And also, SuperSU is a closed software.
Pros of Magisk Manager & Magisk
- You can use Android Pay, Financial or Banking Apps.
- Easily use Snapchat without any drawbacks.
- You can bypass the SafetyNet.
- Installing OTA Updates on your device becomes possible.
- You can actually play Pokemon Go on your Rooted Android device.
- You can install System-less Xposed Framework on your Lollipop and marshmallow devices.
- Magisk does not support Multi-user.
- It cannot be placed on adaptive storage or else superuser won’t work.
- Magisk does not work well with Google Pixel and Google Pixel XL devices.
- It does not work on Android O Preview.
- I am losing Root randomly?
In case you have enabled BusyBox in the settings, few LineageOS ROMs might face issues of losing the root.
You can turn off that feature by going to Settings>Enable BusyBox.
- My phone is not supported in Magisk?
Magisk does not support the lz4 compressed boot image. In case your device is having gzip compressed boot.img it will work well on your phone.
Or you can also open the issue in GitHub and sen your boot image file.
In my final opinion, I would like you guys to give this app a shot if you really wish to have a system less what you can call the seamless rooting of your Android device.
As much I have made use of this app, I found it very much easy and useful throughout the rooting process and even for unrooting my device at the time of the update.
So, if you are looking for one such experience as well, do not think twice about this and go further!
So, Guys, this was all about downloading and installing Magisk and some of the highlights related to it. hope you all found the article useful.
For more such updates, make sure you Subscribe to our Newsletter. Also, if you come across any obstacles in downloading this app, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Happy Androiding 🙂