Android Messages is one of Google’s Amazing apps. The latest update of this app was quite alluring and it comes with an RCS i.e., Rich Communication Services feature bringing along a new chat option under the Settings. The new update of the Android Messages does support RCS but the network carriers have to enable RCS on their Android devices. And that’s what we are sharing with you all today. Here is the way to Enable RCS on Android devices/carriers in the US via Google Messaging app.
The Reddit users – u/sh0ch, u/LinkofHyrule, and u/NashRadical have shared a way that would enable RCS on Android devices with any Carrier in the USA using the Android Messages. The method has been tested on carriers including T-Mobile for the Verizon S10+, OnePlus 6T, Google Pixel phones, AT&T on the Samsung Galaxy S8, and so on.
So In case, you do not see the RCS in Android Message App on your device, you can follow the below short guide to enable it. The below guide will work well with all the devices that support RCS. This guide is working on Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10, and S10 Plus, Google Pixel 1, 2, 3 along with XL variants, Essential Phones, and a lot more. One can use the below guide for carriers like At&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, etc.
The Latest Android messages beta version gets you RCS messaging feature on most of the United States (US) carriers like –
- US Cellular
- Google Fi
Prepaid US Wireless Carriers –
- Virgin Mobile
- Tiercel Wireless
- Boost Mobile
- Freedom Mobile
- NTT DoCoMo
- Straight Talk
- Telcel America
- Total Wireless
Download Android Messages APK Latest Version
Enable RCS on Android device/carrier in the US via Google Messages app
Here’s how you can enable RCS on Android devices/ carrier in the US using the Google Messages App –
- Download & Install the latest Android Messages app from the link given above.
- Enable Carrier Services on your Android device.
- Clear its data when you enable it.
- Now install the Activity Launcher from Google Play Store.
- Open the Activity Launcher.
- Then go to ‘Recent Activities’.
- Select ‘All activities’.
- Search for ‘Android Messages’.
- Choose it and then scroll down.
- Look for ‘Set RCS Flags’. You will see the below –
- Then choose ‘ACS Url’ and from the menu that appears, choose the following URL –
- Be patient until the process is finished. It will take some time. In case it does not work, then you can take the help of the below troubleshooting guide.
- Next, select an OTP Pattern and then in the menu, click –
- Lastly, tap on Apply and follow the setup in Android Messages.
Troubleshooting guide –
In case the above method does not work, you can try to reset the app by following the below steps –
- Firstly, Clear the Data of ‘Carrier Services’.
- Then Force Stop ‘Android Messages’. For this, just go to Settings> Apps> Choose App> Storage> Clear Data and then Force Stop.
- Then you can follow the above guide.
That’s how you can enable RCS on any Android device with any carrier in the US using the Google Messages App. Hope the article was useful. Let us know for any doubts or questions in the comment section.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!