How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord using Magisk: OnePlus Nord is one of the most anticipated Android devices in recent times. The device was initially called the OnePlus 8 Lite, then was called OnePlus Z. The company later started a new sub-brand and started promoting and teasing under oneplus8litezthing. Later, they shifted to the original name and started calling in OnePlus Nord. The device is very much hyped and turned out a little bit lesser than the potential expectation.
Also Read: Download Google Camera 7.4 for Xiaomi Mi 10
On the paper, the device sounds really powerful for a mid-ranger with Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G and is coupled with 6 or 8 GB of RAM. The device runs everyone’s favorite Oxygen OS and comes with all the features and optimizations one would expect. In this post, we are going to guide you through the process of How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord using Magisk
OnePlus Nord Specifications
- OnePlus Nord Specifications
- What is Bootloader?
- How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord
- What Next?
OnePlus Nord boasts a 6.44-inch Fluid AMOLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels. The device does have support for that 90Hz display refresh rate and comes with a 20:9 aspect ratio. The display further provides for an HDR10+ backing.
Under the hood, the device as mentioned earlier is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G SoC. Adreno 620 handles the graphic duties here. This is an octa-core chipset where there is one 2.4 GHz Kryo 475 Prime and one 2.2 GHz Kryo 475 Gold and six 1.8 GHz Kryo 475 silver. The device comes with 6 GB, 8 GB, and 12 GB RAM as well. The device will be available up 256 GB storage.
As for the camera’s there is 48 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP + 2 MP rear camera setup accompanied by 32 MP + 8 MP front-facing cameras. The device runs Android 10 with Oxygen OS 10 on top and is backed by a 4115 mAh battery with 30W fast charging support.
What is Bootloader?
In general, Bootloader is a code that exists in every OS in order to start or run any device. A bootloader is generally a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. Take any gadget which runs any operating system, it will have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developed and maintained by Google, but every manufacturer out there has a bootloader of their own.
As you would already know, bootloaders usually come locked. If you plan on flashing a custom mod, ROM, or any custom file for that matter, then you will have to unlock the bootloader. So, just like any Android device, OnePlus Nord also comes with a locked bootloader. In order to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus Nord, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps!
Pre-Requisites to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus Nord
- The first step in unlocking the bootloader of any device includes installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the OnePlus Nord is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools and platform-tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Back up all the necessary files as Bootloader Unlock wipes internal storage.
Initial Steps on Phone
- Update the device to the latest build which 10.5.2 or latest.
- Once done, go to settings then navigate to the system. Here select and open the system update and you will get an update here.
- After that, navigate to about phone and tap on the build number seven times to unlock Developer options
- Now, open developer options and allow OEM unlock option.
How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord
Also Read: BEST CUSTOM ROMS FOR ONEPLUS NORD
Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus Nord
- Connect your OnePlus Nord to PC and allow the pop-up showed on display. Now, open platform-tools on PC and open CMD or PowerShell.
- Now, type adb reboot bootloader.
- This will take you to the bootloader, here type fastboot OEM unlock.
- Reboot your device and set it up.
Download and Patch the Boot Image for your OnePlus Nord
- Download Magisk Manager and download the extracted boot image for your variant here (India | EU)
- Install Magisk Manager APK and choose to select and patch a file. Here you will have to select the downloaded boot image.
- Once done, it will be available on your download folder on your device.
Replace the current boot image on your phone with the patched one
- Go to download folder and rename the boot image to magisk_patched.img
- Copy this file to the computer.
- Connect your phone and type ADB reboot bootloader.
- Type fastboot gevtar current-slot and press enter.
- If the output is a type fastboot flash boot_a magisk_patched.img and hit the enter key.
- If the output is b type fastboot flash boot_b magisk_patched.img and hit the enter key.
- Reboot the device, and Voila it is rooted now.
Now that you have unlocked the bootloader of your OnePlus Nord, it is time for you to take it a step further in making the device yours. You can follow the below-mentioned guides to install TWRP and flash custom ROMs on OnePlus Nord.
You might also like: Download Google Camera 7.4 for OnePlus Nord
That is how to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord using Magisk. If this post helped you to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus Nord, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!