Hey People, In this article, I will be sharing with you a guide on how to reset Xfinity remote. If you are facing any issue with your Xfinity remote then please check out our guide on how to reset Xfinity remote. So, let’s start.
Basic Details –
If you have noticed that a few of the buttons on your Xfinity remote not responding properly, you are having problems with pairing the remote to the TV or the remote isn’t performing at all, you’ll assume it’s time to shop for a brand new. Before you leave and pay the money shopping for a fresh remote, you must try to do a factory reset first.
A Factory reset primarily erases each setting and pairing you had with the remote and resets it back to the first settings as if you have got it as new. Doing a factory reset may sound more difficult than just purchasing a new one, but it could prevent time and cash respectively in the end. So, this article teaches you how to reset Xfinity remote.
Before going about how to reset Xfinity remote, let me share when do you have to reset your Xfinity remote.
Must check out – How To Factory Reset Samsung TV? Explained In Easy Steps.
When do you have to reset your Xfinity Remote?
When the buttons are not working and changing batteries in your Xfinity Remote seems useless, the last option is, you can go for a factory reset for your remote. When you factory reset your remote, the remote will come back to its brand new version.
You’ll try pairing it and set it up again from the start. Additionally, you have to reset your remote if you are unable to unpair your Xfinity remote from your TV. However, the catch is that you can lose all settings after resetting the remote.
Now, let me share the steps on how to reset Xfinity remote.
Also, read – Download IDM Trial Reset.
How To Reset Xfinity Remote –
Reset Xfinity XR16 Remote –
- Press and hold the ‘I’ button.
- Click and holds the Home button. You’ll see it with the icon of a house next to the mic button close to the center of the remote.
- Hold it for 5 seconds. For about five seconds hold the ‘home’ button and ‘I’ together release the buttons when the status light flashes. The status light is located near the top of the remote between the power and TV input buttons.
- Press the power button.
- Press the Last button. The Last button seems to be associated with a nursing arrow informed backward that is to the left of the mic button.
- Press the voice down button. You’ll see this button near the top left corner of the remote and below a + icon. After solving this button sequence, you can complete the reset method and try it.
Now, let me share how to reset Xfinity remote XR15 and remotes which has not inbuilt setup button.
Reset Xfinity remote XR15 and more without setup button –
- Press and hold the ‘A’ button. It looks like a triangle. Hold it down while you go to the next step.
- Press and hold the’ D’ button. It looks like a diamond shape.
- Hold it for 5 seconds. Hold ‘A’ and ‘D’ stretched for about five seconds.
- Release the buttons once you see flickering light on your remote changes from red to green. You’ll see the status LED top of the remote.
- Press 9+8+1.This completes the recovery method.
These are the steps for the Xfinity remote that don’t have the setup button.
Reset Xfinity remote XR11, XR5, XR2 and remotes with configuration button –
- Press and hold the Setup button until the light flickering shows change from red to green. The status light is located at the top of the remote and the configuration button is located at the bottom left.
- Press 9 + 8 + 1. The status light will flash green twice to indicate the remote is ready for use.
So, this way you can reset the Xfinity Remote.
Well, I have tried to explain all the possible steps on how to reset Xfinity Remote. Now, let me share some FAQs on how to reset Xfinity Remote.
1. Where can I find the setup button on Xfinity Remote?
Xfinity remote comes with a setup button and without a setup button. If you are unable to find the setup button on your remote you can use Xfinity and the information button along.
How can I zoom out the photo using Xfinity Remote?
Go to Xfinity > Device Settings > Video display > Video Output Resolution. Select any resolution, and you will be able to find an option to change the Zoom between None or Full. Select None to zoom out of your picture.
What does the red LED light mean on Xfinity Remote?
If the LED on your Xfinity remote blinks red light five times, this means that the remote batteries are low and need replacement.
So, this is all from my side. Now, let me share my final thoughts on resetting the Xfinity Remote.
Final Words –
If you are facing any issue with your Xfinity Remote to operate on your TV, you might think that the remote is damaged or you need to purchase the new remote. But I would suggest that before purchasing a new one please try to reset it once. Maybe that could help you to solve the remote issues. So, to do that our tutorial on how to reset Xfinity remote will help you.
I hope this article finds you well with the solution. If you have any questions ask us in the comments.