Are you looking for a way to hard reset your Xiaomi Mi A3 to Factory Settings? Then this is exactly where you should be at. In this article, we are sharing with you all two different methods to hard reset Xiaomi Mi A3 to factory settings. But before getting into that, here are some specifications of the Xiaomi Mi A3 and also some basics about Hard Reset or Factory Reset. So here we go –
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi A3
Here are a few highlighted features of the Xiaomi Mi A3 –
- The Xiaomi Mi A3 comes with Android 9.0 Pie out of the box.
- It is powered by Qualcomm SDM665 Snapdragon 665 and Octa-Core CPU and Adreno 610 GPU.
- It comes with a screen size of 6.01 inches and Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colours. It has a resolution of 720 x 1560 pixels with the body to screen ratio being 19.5:9 ratio.
- The dimensions are 153.5 x 71.9 x 8.5 mm with Gorilla Glass 5.
- The battery of Mi A3 is Non-removable Li-Po 4030 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 18W.
- The SD Card slot is microSD, up to 256 GB and 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM.
- The Main camera comes in 48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4″, 1.12µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, depth sensor.
- The Selfie Single camera has 32 MP, f/2.0, 0.8µm with HDR.
- Mi A3 comes in colour options – Kind of Gray, Not just Blue, More than White.
What is Hard Reset or Factory Reset?
A Hard Reset or Master Reset or Factory Reset means bringing back a device to that state in which it was left from the factory. Whatever mess the user has created since the time he started using the phone, all of the settings, installed and used applications, all of them are eradicated.
One can restore every single device to its factory settings. For every device is a different way to perform the factory reset. For the convenience of users, Android has a special feature called Factory Reset in it. One will find it in the settings menu. This feature erases all the data, files, installed applications and all the data associated with it.
Performing Factory Reset is a risky method. For the procedure given below and performed by you, www.androidjungles.com is not responsible for any sort of loss or damage caused to your device. Do follow the steps below with the utmost care and attention and at your own peril.
Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi A3 to Factory Settings
Here are the two methods that can be used to Hard Reset Xiaomi Mi A3 to Factory Settings.
Hard Reset via Settings
Step 1. (Obviously) Go to the Settings of your Xiaomi Mi A3 and then go to the Advanced tab.
Step 2. Now tap on ‘Reset’ and choose the option of ‘Erase all Data’ option.
Step 3. Choose the option to ‘Reset Phone’. Enter the PIN or password of your Mi A3 if asked for.
Step 4. Lastly, you will be asked to confirm your action, click on ‘Erase Everything’. This will successfully hard reset your Mi A3.
Hard Reset using Stock Recovery
Step 1. To begin with, Press and Hold down the Power button of your Xiaomi Mi A3 and switch it off when the Power menu appears.
Step 2. When the device is off,boot it into Recovery Mode.
Step 3. In the Recovery Mode, use the volume button to navigate and factory reset the device.
Step 4. Then confirm your action by pressing the Power Button.
Step 5. You will come across a message – ‘Wipe all user data?’. Here make use of the Volume button for highlighting Yes and then lastly click the Power Button to hard reset your device.
Step 6. When the format process is completed, you have to choose ‘Reboot System Now’ option so as to boot your Mi A3 back into the OS.
That was how easy it was to hard reset Xiaomi Mi A3 to factory settings. Now you can use the above guide to restore the stock firmware on your Xiaomi Mi A3 after having modified the software of your device by the means of rooting, installing TWRP recovery or custom ROM etc.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!