Hey People, In this article, I will be sharing with you a tutorial on how to delete an Airbnb account. You will get all the details and steps regarding how to delete an Airbnb account.
So, let’s start.
What Is Airbnb?
If you have ever booked any property or BnB online to stay at any place then you might have heard about Airbnb. Airbnb is an online property booking portal like MakeMyTrip and Goibibo. Airbnb is a good choice if you want to book or rent a full property like a villa, Apartment, etc. Nowadays, Airbnb is a most favorite choice for youth to book any property online.
Despite Airbnb being famous, Some people don’t trust the Airbnb review system and its unwelcoming identity verification. Some people think that the price that you can see on Airbnb is not that transparent. That may be the reason you are not using the Airbnb account.
If you may not use the Airbnb account or you are no longer using it. You can delete it anytime for the privacy of your data. Now, if you have any reason on which you are convinced to delete your account then this guide on how to delete an Airbnb account is for you.
Now, let us move to the guide on how to delete an Airbnb account.
Check out our article on – How To Delete Evernote Account. Explained In Easy Steps.
But before deleting your account some important things you might need to know.
The things you must need to know before deleting your Airbnb account –
- Identity verification – If you want to delete your account permenently then you must need to verify your identity. Airbnb will ask you some security questions while deleting the account to verify your identity. It will verify that you are deleting your own account.
- No Active reservation – Before deleting your account you must need to check that, there is no active reservation on your account. If any actve reservation is there then you must need to cancel it. Otherwise it will be canceled automatically.
- Your profile will be private – If you are temporary or permenently deleting your account, your profile will be no longer public. It will be hidden and private.
- Reviews will be public – While using your AIrbnb account, you have given reviews of any properties for AIrbnb. So, that reviews will be public and visible to everyone even if you delete your Airbnb account.
- Temporary deleting account means no data deleted from Airbnb – If you are planning to delete you account but deleted it temporary then you migh need to note that your data will be there saved with Airbnb. So, if you want to delete your account then you must need to delete it permenently.
- Some data will be saved for legal requirements – You know that every Tech and online portals keep some of your information for future goverment requirements or for leagal purposes. So, if you delete your account permenently some of your data will be saved for legal record.
- Permenent account deletion can not be retrived – So, if you want to use your AIrbnb account in future then you might need to go for temporary account deletion. Because permenent account deletion can not be retrived.
So, these are the points that you need to know about an Airbnb account. So, feel that I should inform you of these points before going to the actual tutorial on how to delete An Airbnb account.
Check out – How To Remove Credit Card From PS4? Explained In Easy Steps.
How To Delete An Airbnb Account –
There are two ways you can delete an Airbnb account.
- Temporary delete your Airbnb account.
- Permanently deleet your Airbnb account.
So, let me share one by one with you.
How To Delete An Airbnb account temporarily –
- Open Airbnb.com
- Login with your credentials.
- Go to your “Profile”.
- Now you can see the “Account”. Just click on that.
- Click on “login & Security”.
- Now, Scroll down to the page and you have the option “Deactive”. Tap on that.
- After that you will be asked to agree the terms. Just click on “Agree & Continue”.
- Now you need to choose the reason or you can give your own reason as well and click on “Continue”.
- At the alst step you will see the button “deactive account”, click on that.
So, these are the steps to deactivate or temporarily delete the account.
Now, let me share the second method which is on how to delete an Airbnb account permanently.
Must read – How To Delete Poshmark Account. Explained In Easy Steps.
How To Delete An Airbnb account permanently –
Please follow the steps:
- I assume that you have opened the Airbnb.com website and already login to your account.
- Go to the page “Manage your data“.
- At bottom of the page you will find “request to delete your account”. Click on that.
- Now you will be asked to fill your country, state and reason for deleting the account.
- On next screen just click on “delete account”.
- Now you will receive the confirmation email from Airbnb for the deletion.
Now, you are done. So, this is the method on how to delete an Airbnb account.
Now let me share my final thoughts.
Final Thoughts –
I hope that you like this tutorial and it will help you to achieve the solution to your question. The article is for you if you have decided to delete or deactivate your Airbnb account. As you have both options to deactivate and delete your account. So, if you want to reactivate your account in the near future then you might need to deactivate it. Because if you go for deleting the account it can not be re-activated.
So, please choose the option and follow the steps as per your need.
Well, this is all from my side. If you have any questions ask in the comments.