If you are a Windows 10 user, you might know the amazing app – Microsoft News. This is a great app to rely pn for all the latest news and updates on your PC. Although this app keeps you updated with the outside world even when you are working or studying on your PC, not everyone prefers using it.
So for those who do not prefer using it or you don’t use it, then here is an article to help you all.
Uninstall Microsoft News App in Windows 10
Given below are 4 different methods one can use to Uninstall Microsoft News App in Windows 10 –
But before getting into the actual procedure of uninstalling Microsoft News app, let me warn you that uninstalling the News app will also automatically uninstall the Calendar app.
Uninstall from the Start Menu
- This is the simplest way to uninstall Microsoft News.
- All you have to do is Click on the Start Menu, and enter Microsoft News in the search box.
- Right-click on the app when it comes in the search results.
- Lastly click on the Uninstall option.
- And you are done here.
Uninstall via Settings
- To uninstall News app from settings, go to the Start Menu> Settings > System.
- Then go to Apps and Features.
- When the app is listed, click on the Microsoft News App.
- You will then see a menu to Move and Uninstall.
- Finally Click on the Uninstall button so to uninstall the Microsoft News App from Windows 10.
Use a PowerShell command
- If you are power user, then is the best method for you.
- Open Powershell using Admin privileges.
- Enter the below command to execute the action of uninstalling Microsoft News.
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.BingNews | Remove-AppxPackage
- When the above command is executed, Microsoft news app will be uninstalled.
Use a third-party tool
There are a number of apps, tools, and software that could be used for uninstalling Microsoft news app. CCleaner, 10 Apps Manager, store Applications Manager, App buster, etc. Are some of the apps that one can use to uninstall Microsoft news or other Windows 10 apps.
That is it. These were the methods one can use to Uninstall Microsoft news app on Windows 10. Comment down for any doubts.
Thank you for visiting:-)
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!