If you are looking for ways to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1 and Root Poco F1 using Magisk, here is a complete guide to help you out. Poco F1 is one of the most popular Xiaomi Poco devices. The device comes with some amazing software as well as hardware specifications.
In this article, we have shared with you all the methods to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1 and root Poco F1 using Magisk. Here you go –
- Rooting or installing TWRP Recovery is quite risky. The article below is totally for knowledge purposes. We do not encourage any of these procedures. www.androidjungles.com will not be responsible for any damage caused to your device by following the guide below. Perform it at your own peril.
- While performing any system-related procedure, it is very important to take a complete backup of your device data. Such processes can result in wiping out all the data on your device, including Photos, Media, Audio, Videos, contacts, and so on. Hence, a complete backup is very essential.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM Unlocking on Poco F1. For this, go to Settings > About phone. Now tap on the MIUI version 7 times until you see a toast message Developer option enabled. Now go back to Settings> Additional Settings> Developer Options and enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging.
- You will have to Unlock Bootloader on POCO F1. You can follow the short and easy article here to unlock the bootloader.
- Make sure to have at least 70% battery power while performing the rooting procedure. Or else, you will have to begin from scratch if your device switches off in between.
Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Poco F1
Assuming that you have followed the above requirements and downloaded the necessary files, we can now begin the guide on how to install TWRP Recovery on Poco F1.
Step 1. To begin with, connect Poco F1 to the PC. Now, on your Windows PC, extract the ‘platform-tools-windows.zip’ file that you downloaded from the above downloads section. This is the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC.
Step 2. Now copy and paste the TWRP image file in this ADB and Fastboot folder.
Step 3. After this, move the DisableForceEncryption zip file to the internal storage of your device.
Step 4. Open a command window on Windows PC or Terminal Window for Linux or Mac OS.
For Windows –
- Navigate to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools have been installed (e.g., C:\platform-tools).
- Then press the SHIFT key on the keyboard and right-click on any space inside this folder.
- Choose the ‘Open PowerShell window here’ option.
For macOS/Linux –
- Open the Terminal Window and change its directory (using ‘cd’ command) to the folder where the ADB and Fastboot tools are installed (e.g., Documents/platform-tools).
Step 5. Enter the below command to enter your device into Fastboot mode –
adb reboot bootloader
In case this is the first time you are performing this, you will have to enable USB debugging.
Step 6. Now that you are in TWRP Recovery enter the below command to boot your device with TWRP –
fastboot flash recovery twrp-220.127.116.11-beryllium-20180831.img
Step 7. When the Recovery is flashed, enter the below command to boot Poco F1 into TWRP-
fastboot boot twrp-18.104.22.168-beryllium-20180831.img
Step 8. Now in TWRP Recovery, tap on the Keep Read Only button to not allow for system modifications.
Step 9. In the TWRP main menu, tap on Install. Then choose the DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip.
Step 10. Lastly, Swipe to confirm flash and disable encryption.
Finally, go back to the Twrp Main Menu and tap on Reboot and then Recovery.
Root Poco F1 using Magisk
Now that you have installed TWRP Recovery, here is a short guide on how to root Poco F1 –
Step 1. Go to TWRP main menu. Then choose – Wipe > Format data and type yes. This will wipe your entire device data.
Step 2. Now connect your device to the PC and copy Magisk zip file to the internal storage of your device.
Step 3. Now in the main TWRP menu, tap on Install and choose Magisk zip to flash.
Step 4. When the flashing process is done with, tap on the Reboot system.
That’s it. you are done here. Your Poco F1 will be rooted now.
I hope the article was useful and with its help, you could easily install TWRP on Poco F1 and Root Poco F1 using Magisk. In case you have any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.
Stay Home, Stay Safe.
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!