TWRP Recovery is the most reliable custom recovery out there. Now which Android geek would not want to experiment their device using this amazing recovery? If you own a POCO X2 and wish to install TWRP Recovery on it for rooting or other purposes, here is a complete guide on how you can install TWRP Recovery on POCO X2/ Redmi K30.
Xiaomi POCO X2/Redmi K30 Specifications
Xaiomi POCO X2 which is also popularly known as Redmi K30 comes in a size of 6.51 x 3.02 x 0.35 inches. It has a front glass of Gorilla 5 and a rear one of Gorilla Glass 5 as well. It comes with an aluminum frame. It has a IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with 16 M Colors. The size is 6.67 inches. The resolution is 1080 x 2400 pixels. The body ratio is 20:5.
The device is a hybrid dual SIM and has a protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 6. It comes with Android 10 out of the box and MIUI 11. It is powered by Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G. It has an Adreno 618 GPU and Octa-Core CPU. The memory options are – 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM.
The quad-camera configuration is 64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF
8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, (macro), 1/5.0″, 1.75µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth). It includes a Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama. The selfie camera is dual with 20 MP main cameraand 2 MP depth sensor. The battery is Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery with 27W fast charging. The color options include – Atlantis Blue, Matrix Purple, Phoenix Red.
Download TWRP Recovery for POCO X2
Filename – TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30-CN-wzsx150-fastboot.7z
Filesize – 33.6 MB
Download link – AndroidFileHost
Install TWRP Recovery on POCO X2/Redmi K30
Before gettinng into the installation guide, here are a few prerequisites that you will need to follow first –
- First and foremost, make sure to have a complete backup of your device data. Installing TWRP Recovery will result in losing all the data on your device including installed apps, contacts, files, media, audio and so on. So do not forget to take a complete device data backup.
- The process of installing TWRP recovery is a long one and hence you will need to have sufficient battery power on your device. If your low battery interupts in the process, you will have to begin from the scratch.
- The process of TWRP Recovery installation is of a quite high level. Hence, you should have atleast some knowledge of how to use Commands i.e., PowerShell on Windows or Terminal on Mac OS.
- The most crucial step in installing TWRP recovery is unlocking bootloader. In order to install TWRP on Poco X2, you will have to first unlock bootloader on POCO X2. Refer to the article here for easy guide.
- Download and install the latest Xiaomi ADB and Fastboot USB Drivers.
Assuming that you have followed all the above requirements, you can now begin to follow the below steps in order to install TWRP recovery.
Step 1. On your PC, create a new folder and extract the downloaded files including TWRP file, ADB and fastboot binaries that you downloaded from above to this folder.
Step 2. Press the Shift key on the keyboard and simultaneously click on the empty space inside the above folder.
Step 3. From the Menu that appears, choose the option of ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
Step 4. In case you are using the Mac or Linux machine, just launch the Terminal and change the directory to the folder where you have extracted the downloaded files. For instance, if you extracted the files to ‘<username>/Desktop/TWRP’, then the command to change the directory should be –
Step 5. Switch off your device and Boot Poco X2/Redmi K30 into Fastboot Mode
Step 6. Now connect your POCO X2 phone to the PC using USB Cables.
Step 7. Then enter the below command in the Terminal or PowerShell window so as to check if your device has been detected by ADB or not –
Step 8. Finally, enter the below command so as to flash and install TWRP recovery on your POCO X2/ Redmi K30 –
fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.4.0B-0209-REDMI_K30-CN-wzsx150.img
Soon the TWRP Recovery will be installed on your device. Just press and hold down the Power button and Volume Up button so as to reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode. Once your Redmi K30 boots into TWRP mode, just swipe the button on the bottom so as to allow modifications.
Do check out – Root Xiaomi Mi A3 using Magisk or without TWRP Recovery
The default language on TWRP Mode on Redmi K30 will be Chinese. So in order to change that, you will have to tap on the third button present in the second row of TWRP Main Menu. You will see the icon of the globe. Just tap on it and choose the language as English.
Stay Home. Be safe.