Finally, the Android 10 based POSP ROM on Poco F1 is available for download. If you have a Poco F1 device and want to experience Android 10 on it with great features, here is an article where we will be sharing with you all the methods to download and install POSP ROM on Poco F1.
Disclaimer – When you install a Custom ROM, you expose your device to various risks like bricking, bootlooping, etc. We at www.androidjungles.com will not be responsbile for any damage caused to your device. Perform the informative guide at your own peril.
Download Android 10 based POSP ROM for Poco F1
Install POSP ROM on Poco F1
- Take a complete backup of your device data.
- Make sure to have at least 60% battery power on Poco F1.
- Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Poco F1.
- Install TWRP Recovery on POCO F1.
- Download and Install Xiaomi USB Drivers.
Install POSP ROM for Poco F1
- Move the POSP file and the GApps package to the internal storage of your device.
- Boot into TWRP Recovery on Poco F1. You can do so by switching off your device and long-pressing Vol Down + Power button together.
- If necessary, Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Poco F1.
- In the TWRP Recovery, take a backup of the POSP ROM as well as Internal data.
- Now in TWRP, wipe the system data. For this go to Wipe>Advanced wipe> Format Data.
- Once the data is wiped, tap on Install and locate the POSP ROM File. Swipe to confirm flash.
- Then again tap on Install and locate the GApps file. Tap on it. Swipe to confirm flash.
- Reboot your Poco F1.
Note that always flash TWRP Installer after you flash the ROM file so as to keep it.
That’s it you have successfully installed Android 10 on POCO F1 via POSP ROM.
What is POSP ROM?
POSP is a Custom ROM is an AOSP, I.e. Android Open Source Project. POSP stands for Potato Open Sauce Project. It is a custom ROM that offers some really great and unique features on Android OS.
The latest POSP 3.1.8+13 OFFICIAL ROM is based on Android 10. It was last updated on May 18, 2020. This ROM is now available to download for POCO F1.
What is the Changelog of POSP 3.1.8+13 based on Android 10?
• Merge android-10.0.0_r36 – May security patch
• Call recording
• Auto call recording toggle
• Fixed potential lags in some apps
• StatusBar Date string customization
• Disable Bluetooth power off when Airplane mode is toggled
• Bluetooth QS tile panel
• Per-app network restriction
• QS Tile Disco – Colorful QS Tiles
• Battery styles redone in Kotlin: Added text style separately
• Sync battery icon in settings with Statusbar battery icon
• Battery percentage or estimate time on qs panel header
• Partial screenshot improvements
• Ability to record internal/microphone audio in screen records
• 3 new system themes!
• AOSP Lockscreen clock styles
• Major improvements to Fries
What are the specifications of POCO F1?
The device has a 6.18-inch IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen primary display with a resolution of 1080×2246 pixels and an aspect ratio of 18.7:9. The device comes with Android 8.0 Oreo and MIUI 11 out of the box.
Xiaomi POCO F1 is powered by a 2.2GHz octa-core Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845processor. Users get storage with options – 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM.
You will find a 20 MP primary camera housed at the front. The dual rear camera is a 12MP + 5 MP. The device has a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
I hope you have found the article of use.
Also see –
- Download Resurrection Remix 8.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro (Android 10)[Official]
- How to Root OnePlus 7T using Magisk Canary Apk
- Download Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 7(Android 10)
- Download Android 10 on Poco F1 via CrDroid ROM
Stay tuned with us for more such posts!