If you are a Windows 10 user, you might very well be aware with what a Command prompt is. Users usually need it to solve this or that problem on Windows. However, many few are known of the way to open an elevated PowerShell prompt.
Thus, in this article, we are sharing with you all the method to open an elevated PowerShell prompt and run it as administrator on Windows. So here we go –
How to start PowerShell
- To begin with, in the Start Search, enter powershell.
- Now through the WinX Menu if you have chosen to view PowerShell instead of Command Prompt.
- Then type powershell in Run prompt and hit the Enter key.
- Now type powershell in Command Prompt and press the Ebter key.
- Next, open the Task Manager and go to File menu.
- Here click on the option of Run new task.
- Lastly, type powershell and press Enter.
How to open an elevated PowerShell prompt
Follow the below steps to open an elevated Powershell prompt.
- To begin with, enter powershell in the task bar.
- You will now come across a result nanded- Windows PowerShell.
- Right-click on this result and choose the option of Run as Administrator.
- You will be asked for confirmation by the UAC prompt.
- Simply Click yes, and then the prompt will open.
- That is it.
An elevated PowerShell prompt will display Administrator – Windows PowerShell.
Note than one can also follow the below path to open an elevated Powershell-
Task Manager > File menu > Run new task >Type powershell > check the Create this task with administrative privileges check box > click OK.
An elevated PowerShell prompt will now open.
One can Press Shift+Ctrl+Alt and then click on the PowerShell icon. This will open PowerShell as administrator.
Hope you find the article of use.
Thank you for visiting:-)
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!