Hey People, In this article, I will be sharing the tutorial on how to change your Youtube URL. So, please read the full article to know more about how to change your Youtube URL with all possible methods.
Basic Information About Youtube –
Youtube is a video sharing and social media platform owned by Google YouTube is a service where users can watch, like, share, comment, and upload their videos. The video service can be seen on PC, laptop, tablet, and smartphone. youtube is a free-used app and has a variety of things with it like comedy recipes, guides, hacks and vlogs, and many others.
What is Youtube channel and Youtube channel URL –
Youtube channel is a place where the viewers can go and find things they want to watch now and later. Viewers can subscribe to the channel which they want to visit again or have a track on and watch the content in the channels which are uploaded.
Just for Knowledge –
There are more than 37 million YouTube channels. There are 9,000+ people using Content ID, which includes many major network broadcasters, movie studios, and record labels. YouTube has claimed over 800 million videos since Content ID came into use.
Before we move to our Mail question about how to change your Youtube URL, let me share with you what is the URL means.
URL – URL means Uniform Resource Locator. a unique identifier used for locating a resource on the Internet. It also refers to a web address. URLS have domain names and other part that used to identify the domain.
Why do we need to have a custom Youtube URL?
There are reasons why channel owners need a custom Youtube URL. So, have look at the below reasons before we get into our actual question about how to change Youtube URL.
- A URL must be easy-to-remember.
- The URL of the channel is the one that can be shared with the audience.
- Custom URLs are eye-catching.
- You can add yoru channel names in custom URL so its a good branding for channel.
Let’s now have a look at how to change your Youtube URL of the channel to make it shine in the web world.
Checkout – Best Signal App Tips For More Secure Chat
How to change your Youtube URL –
- Open youtube the one with red box with a white triangle on it u can find it on your mobile application or on the google page in the web.
- Tap on profile photo. You will find it at top-right corner. A menu will expand.
- Tap on My channel. It is near to the top of the menu. One can see channel homepage.
- Tap on the menu. at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Tap on Share. This opens your phone or tablet sharing menu.
- Tap on Copy link. The URL to your YouTube channel is now saved on your clipboard.
- Tap on the place that you want to paste your URL. Now, As the URL is ready you can send it to someone through messaging or share it on your social media.
- Tap on Paste. The URL now appears on the screen.
Now that you have your URL in hand let’s learn who to make changes in that so here are some simple steps to how to change your Youtube URL.
How to change your Youtube URL –
- Sign in to YouTube.
- From the left Menu, select Customisation and then Basic info.
- Find Channel URL option and click on set a custom URL.
- You can choose the URL based on your channel name or add some extra letters or numbers to make your custom URL unique.
- Now as the URL is read you just need to click on PUBLISH and just tap on CONFIRM to give your confirmation.
There are some criteria to see before changing the URL let’s have a look at that too.
- Your channel must have 100 or more subscribers.
- The channel must be at least 30 days old.
- Must have a profile picture.
- Must have a banner image.
Bow, let’s find out some FAQs related to how to change your Youtube URL.
What are the benefits of a YouTube custom URL?
A custom URL will be short, easy-to-remember. The main benefit of custom URL is it will be your brand identity.
How to find the URL for the YouTube channel?
You can find the answer and steps in the above sections.
Why is my YouTube channel URL not working?
Disable your browser extensions and check again. You need to wait some days to get the custom URL option. Even after waiting for some days, if you are not able to see the custom URL option then you can contact YouTube Support.
What is a good example of a URL?
A good URL must be easy to remember show according to your page name and be shorter in size.
Final Words –
If someone has a youtube channel for a while, you can have its own custom URL, and you can claim the same in a few simple steps we have explained above about our topic of how to change your Youtube URL.
After following the above steps, if you have changed the youtube URL then also you can replace or change it again. So, this is all about your question about how to change your Youtube URL.
So, that’s all from our side. See you at the next one.