In this article today, we will be sharing with you all the How to Download and Flash Blank VBmeta file in 3 easy steps. If you are a tech geek and perform advanced-level tasks like Rooting Your Android Phone or Flashing Custom ROM without TWRP Recovery or Installing TWRP, then you know about the recent obstacle. And yes, we are speaking of the devil – DM Verity Check.
The open-source nature of an Android Operating System makes it a collection of options and customizations. Once you open the lock with a key – Unlock Bootloader of your android device, there is no looking back.
A techie knows this pretty well. The options they get from an Android system like –Flash Custom ROM without TWRP Recovery, Root MediaTek Device Using SP Flash Tool, Install TWRP on MediaTek using SP Flash Tool, and a lot more.
But of course, the path isn’t and will not always be the same and easy one. A lot of devices now come with DM Verity Check. But again, thanks to our developers, we know how to disable DM verity check. One of the major steps in disabling DM verity check and using your Android device to its fullest is by downloading and flashing Blank VBmeta file.
If you are not sure where to download a blank vbmeta file and how to flash it, do not worry. Below is an easy guide dedicated to the same.
Download and Flash Blank VBmeta file
Given below is an easy 3 step guide on how to download and flash blank vbmeta file on Samsung and other Android devices. Just make sure to first follow the prerequisites in order to proceed further smoothly.
1. Unlock Bootloader – You will have to unlock bootloader on your phone so as to download and flash a blank vbmeta file on it. You can check our detailed guides below. Just note that when you unlock bootloader on your device, you will wipe off all the data and the warranty of your device could void.
2. Install Android SDK Platform-tools – In order to download and flash vbmeta file, you will need the ADB and Fastboot binary tools from Google. You can install them directly from our guide here –Download And Install ADB and Fastboot on Windows, Linux, Mac. Download the tools anywhere on your PC, but just remember the location and it will form the platform tools folder.
3. Enable USB Debugging – This is yet another crucial step to follow before you move any further. You can either check the guide here – How to enable USB Debugging On Android Device. or simply go to Settings on your device> About Phone> Tap for 7-8 times on build number> Go back to Settings> You will see a new option – Developers Option>Open it and enable USB Debugging toggle.
Step 1. Download Blank VBmeta File
Assuming that you have followed the above prerequisites, you will have to now download blank vbmeta file in any of the below formats. But note that the first file is for Samsung Devices only and the second can be downloaded on any Android device.
empty_vbmeta_tar_droidwin.rar (For Samsung devices Only)
After downloading, extract the file to any location on your PC and rename it to vbmeta so the final name of the file will become either vbmeta.tar or vbmeta.img.
Step 2. Boot device to Fastboot Mode
- Connect your device to the PC using USB Cables.
- On your PC, go to the platform tools folder. (we created in Prerequisites no. 2)
- In the address bar of this folder, type cmd and hit enter. This will open the command prompt.
- So as to boot your device into fastboot mode, Enter the below command in the cmd window –
adb reboot bootloader
Step 3. Flash Blank VBmeta on Android device
Assuming that you have followed all the above steps as well as the prerequisites properly, we will now begin to Download and Flash a Blank vbmeta file.
- Firstly, move the vbmeta.img file to the Platform tools folder.
- Then type the following command in the Command prompt window you opened earlier –
fastboot flash --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- In case the above command shows any error, then enter the below command –
fastboot --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
- Lastly, reboot your device to the OS with the below command –
You are done here! You have successfully download and flash a blank vbmeta file on an Android device.
Customization and modification of your Android device should be solely your right. OEMs generally have certain limitations on the use of their products even if we have bought them. But thanks to the Android Open source nature, there is a gamut of endless tweaks.
Even when the companies put on restrictions and checkpoints like DM verity check, our custom developers have their own ways of bypassing such security check posts. One of the methods to bypass such a check is mentioned above.
I am hoping that the above article was helpful and you could all easily Download and Flash Blank vbmeta file. In case you have stuck anywhere or had any questions to ask us, feel free to drop them in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.