Download and install firmware file for Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 At times if you have rooted your device or installed Custom ROMs on it, later on you realize that your phone was better off without the rooting and other stuff. Or else, a common problem most of us face is that we root our phone and then if we get an update of the device, we wish to go back to what the phone was when came from the manufacturer.
There are certain cases where you need to stock the firmware of your device the most. Yes, the phone bricked case! This nightmare if came true, can lead you in no time to flash your device. When your phone is bricked, it will not respond to any senses and will also not boot properly or may even get stuck in the bootloop. Problems like this can be very annoying.
At times like this, you can make use of a special sets of files called the Stock firmware flash files that help you with going back to your device settings as it came to you at the first place. And that is what’s going to be our topic for today.
In this article, we have mentioned for you the download files and method to install the firmware file. We have also provided for you a step by step guide on how to flash your device using the flashing firmware file. Keep reading further for more.
What is Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool?
Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is a software used to flash a stock ROM on Xiaomi devices. Basically, it is an application developed by Xiaomi itself to help its users in case they have ended up bricking their devices or want to roll back from root or Custom ROMs. You can make use of this device if the bootloader is unlocked.
What is ROM?
ROM is the abbreviation used for Read Only Memory. It is an operating system software that is responsible to run your Android device. It is a part of the hardware on your android smartphone or tablet. Android comes as two forms in ROM: 1. Stock ROM and 2. Custom ROM.
What is Stock ROM (Firmware file)?
A Stock Firmware file is an official software designed by the manufacturer for a specific device. Firmware is a programming which is written to a non volatile memory of a hardware device.It is added at the time of manufacturing. In simpler words, it can be called a software that allows the hardware to run.
Stock firmware are mostly chosen over the Custom firmware since they undergo a number of testing phases and ensure the user better security, bug free package and stability as well before deployment or release.
Basically, a Stock Firmware file is the operating system in its default form, without any modifications made to it except for any device particular support needed to run it on that specific device. This firmware provides a standard user experience of the OS without any functional changes made to it.
Key Features of Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- The Xiaomi Redmi 7a was launched in 2019, January.
- The Xiaomi Redmi 7a comes with a 6.3 inch display screen and a resolution power of 1080 x 2340 Pixels.
- You get a 13MP front and a 48/5/12/2MP rear screen.
- There comes a 4000mAh battery which is non-removable.
- The phone consists of an internal memory of 32/64/128GB or 4/6GB coupled with a RAM.
- This device runs on Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 Chipset.
- Xiaomi Redmi 7a come with Adreno 512 GPU.
- The Smartphone is runing on Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10.
Download Xiaomi Redmi 7a Stock Firmware Flash File:
Note: Do make sure that you have taken a back up of all the personal data on your Xiaomi Redmi 7a since this process may cause a data loss at times. It would be better to take a precaution. Your personal data will be deleted after flashing the stock firmware.
Pre- Requisite to install the Stock Firmware flash file on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
- This guide is only for Xiaomi device running on Qualcomm Chipset.
- Follow this guide with utmost attention since there are chance you may end up bricking your phone if you make a mistake.
- Perform a Back up of your device data.
- Install the Xiaomi USB Drivers.
- Charge your device fully. Check to have at least 70% of the charging on your Xiaomi Redmi 7a or it may cause hindrance at the time of flashing process.
- Download MI Flash tool.
How to Use Xiaomi Redmi 7a Stock Firmware Flash File to flash your device:
Before getting into the actual process of installing the Xiaomi Redmi 7a Stock Firmware Flash File on your PC do note that this method works on almost every Xiaomi device that runs on Qualcomm Chipset but it does not work on the Xiaomi Devices that do not run on a Qualcomm chipset.
Here is how you can use the Xiaomi flash tool to flash your device with the Xiaomi Redmi 7a Stock Firmware Flash File:
Step 1: To begin with the flashing process, download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on your Windows PC. When you extract the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool, you will come across a few files:
- How to Use.txt
Step 2: You will have to open the Setup File (MiFlash20160830.msi) for installing the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on your Windows PC.
Step 3: Now Download and Extract the Xiaomi Mi Stock Firmware (fastboot file) on your Windows Computer. Once you have extracted this file, you will again see the similar files:
- Mi Flash Tool 20160830
- How to flash.txt
Step 4: You will now have to install Xiaomi USB driver on your computer. Or you can also download it separately from the link given here.
- Mi Flash Tool 20160830
- How to flash.txt
Step 5: Now switch your Xiaomi Redmi 7a off.
Step 6: Then you will have to boot your Xiaomi Redmi 7a into the Download Mode (fastboot mode). To boot into the download mode, Press and hold down Power + Volume Down button for 6-8 seconds.
Step 7: Now that you have booted your Xiaomi Redmi 7a into the download mode, you will come across a screen on it with a logo and fastboot.
Step 8: Then Connect the Xiaomi Redmi 7a to the computer with the help of USB cables.
Step 9: Open the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool next from the Start Menu.
Step 10: When the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool is launched, you will come across a screen-
Step 11: There, click on the SELECT Button and locate the firmware folder.
Step 12: When the flashing process gets done with, you can see a Success message popping up on your Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool screen.
And as the message pops up, you are done flashing the stock firmware on your Xiaomi Redmi 7a.
Key Features of Stock ROM:
- No more Lagging issues due to Custom ROM: One of the major issues that users face a lot in Custom ROM is the lagging problem. Due to some sort of dysfunction, the Custom ROM turns out to be unsupported to your device and hence the Xiaomi Redmi 7a lags often. But when you flash your device, you can get rid of this problem.
- Warranty returns back: Rooting is considered to be a threat to the warranty terms and conditions of the Smartphone by most of the manufacturers all around the globe. At times, if the manufacturer of your device cancels the warranty of your device, it is preferable to have stock ROM on your device since it does not void the warranty by any means.
- No more Malware: While you have installed the Custom ROM, there are chances that the developer of that Custom ROM has injected some harmful malware or virus into it. This does not really cause a lot of damage to your device but you may end up in your private information stolen. You can also come across annoying irrelevant and constant ads. However, with the Stock ROM on your device you do not have to face such issues any more.
- Upgrade or Downgrade Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 When you have rooted your device, you do not get to update it and this may turn annoying. However, you can flash stock firmware on your device to upgrade or downgrade Xiaomi Redmi 7a.
- Others: You can Unroot your Xiaomi Redmi 7a using the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and installing the Stock ROM. You can also make use of Stock ROM firmware flash file on your Xiaomi Redmi 7a in case you already had installed Custom ROM and it was causing lagging issues on your device. You can solve a number of software problems by flashing the stock firmware on your device.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Since Stock ROM is an end product of a number of a number of research, study and experiments, there comes a good amount of advantage of the Stock firmware. Some of them are as below:
- The stock ROM firmware is usually stable upon its release.
- The updates are pushed by itself to the device by the carrier.
- Nearly all the bugs are patched at the time of extensive beta testing before release.
- The Stock ROM carries the official support by the firmware vendor device manufacturer and the mobile service carrier.
Disadvantages of Stock ROM:
As everything has its own advantages, there come disadvantages as well. Here are some you should have a look at:
- The updates are not as frequent as the development is done most of the times by corporations who have to follow a scheduled release cycle. Also, the Updates are mostly released first in the United States and then in the rest of the World.
- The official help process may seem to be quite hassle oriented and time consuming.
- You cannot send any sort of feedback to the manufacturer if you come across any issues or want some help in the process.
- When the manufacturers decide to not release official updates for their older device in the favor of new ones, their users get stuck with the old operating system version. This happens with most of the Andriod device users.
- In case the device manufacturer and the developer of the Android operating system are different, then any of the updates released by the developer of operating system has to be edited by the device manufacturer or mobile carrier for adding compatibility and additional software before the release. And this results in delayed update which get delayed by months.
- A number of Operating system developers, device manufacturers or mobile service carriers put limitations in the stock firmware ranging from locking the use of the device with one network or region to disabling the side loading of apps not available in the official app market, to advanced restrictions that remove any chance to get root access.
Hope you guys have found our article on Installing Xiaomi Stock ROM Firmware flash file fruitful. If you have any queries on the processes mentioned above or think that we might have missed something, you can let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you.
This was all about using the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool to flash the stock firmware on your Xiaomi Redmi 7a. For more such articles, keep visiting our Page- Android Jungles. Or you can also subscribe to our Newsletter so as to receive timely notifications of our posts and not miss on any update of the technology world.