Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro: It is not anything unfamiliar to us that wiping the System Cache partition is one of the quick remedies you can try for a device that has frozen. Even in most of the how-tos articles regarding installing Custom Recoveries, ROMs, etc, you will come across this very common phrase of Wiping the System Cache Partition. It surely does form one of the basics of the Android world. And hence are we here to help you out with another such basic.
In this article today, you will be introduced with System Cache Partition and concepts related to it. You will get to know how you can wipe the system cache partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro.
What is Cache?
- 1 Some Features of Oppo Realme 2 Pro:
- 1.1 How to Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro?
- 1.2 Method 1: Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro through Settings-
- 1.3 Method 2: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro through individual Apps
- 1.4 Method 3: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro via Recovery Mode
- 1.5 Rounding Up:
Cache is a hardware or software which is used to store something temporarily, often data in any computing ecosystem.
What is System Cache Partition?
The Operating System of Android uses various partitions to organize files and folders on your device, in this case on your Oppo Realme 2 Pro.
Basically, Cache Partition is a temporary directory that is used by the system for downloading temporary files which it needs to download while installing applications and other such stuff. Wiping the cache partition generally does not have any significant effect on its user nor does it free up any space on the device This is because it is mounted as a separate partition. Hence it makes use of the same amount of total disk storage space.
If you have a rooted Oppo Realme 2 Pro or if you are installing ROMs or other mods in recovery, you will always be asked and suggested to wipe the cache partition. At a time when you find your phone to be lagging, accepting the method of clearing Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache will surely enhance the performance of your Oppo Realme 2 Pro.
Some Features of Oppo Realme 2 Pro:
- The Oppo Realme 2 Pro was launched on September 2018.
- The display type for this device is IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with 16M colors and a size of 6.3 inches.
- The resolution is of 1080 × 2340 pixels and 19.5:9 ratio. It is a multi touch screen.
- The OS is Oppo Realme 2 pro 8.1 Oreo with Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 Chipset.
- The CPU being Octa core and Adreno 512 GPU.
- There is a micro SD Card slot with up to 256 GB and an internal memory of 128 GB and 8 GB RAM or 64 GB, 4/6 GB RAM.
- The dual camera comes with 16 MP,and has LED Flash, HDR, Panorama.
- The battery is non-removable with Li-Ion 3500 mAh Battery and the price being about 14000 INR
How to Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro?
Given below are methods that will help you to wipe the system cache partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro. You can try any of thee as per your convenience.
Also Check : How to install CWM Recovery on Oppo Realme 2 Pro
Method 1: Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro through Settings-
You can easily wipe the system cache partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro through settings which includes a separate option for the same. For this method here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1. Go to the Settings on Oppo Realme 2 Pro and Tap on the Storage Option. Here you will be shown the amount of data your system constitutes. You will be shown the memory being used by the partition as well under the name of Cached Data.
Step 2. As we want to wipe the data, Tap on the Cached Data. If you see any confirmation box popping up, tap on Okay to continue with the process.
Step 3. Once you confirm it, the cache will be deleted. However, do note that some versions of the Android Operating System do not allow you to delete cache by this method.
Method 2: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro through individual Apps
When you wish to wipe the data of certain apps and not necessarily the whole system cache data, you can opt for this method.
Step 1. Go to the Settings menu>tap on the Apps option.
Step 2. You will see the list of all the apps on your device. Tap on the App name whose cache you want to wipe.
Step 3. Once you open the app information you will see an option of CLEAR CACHE. Tap on it to clear the cache of that particular app.
If you want to delete the cache of some particular apps, you can do so by this method. However, it would turn very time consuming if you do so for deleting the cache of every App. At such times you can make use of other two methods.
Do not miss our other articles:
- How to flash Custom ROM on Vivo Y89
- How to Install Custom Recovery on Vivo Y89
- How to Boot Into Safe Mode on Vivo Y89
- How to Update New Android Version On Vivo Y89
- How to Unlock Forgotten Lock On Vivo Y89
Method 3: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro via Recovery Mode
Step 1. By the title, you might have got an idea of what step to perform firstly in this method. You will have to reboot your Oppo Realme 2 Pro into Recovery Mode.
- Press down the Power key and select the Power off option. If the screen is frozen or unresponsive, you can hold down the Power key for several seconds until the device switches off, or pull the battery where possible.
- Now press and hold the Power key, the Volume up key, and the Home button together. Release when you see the Samsung logo. You can select the option you want from the menu using the Volume keys to highlight and the Power key to select.
Step 2. Once you on the power of Oppo Realme 2 Pro then your device will load in Recovery Mode. While in Recovery mode, you will be given an option to Clear the System Cache of your device.
Step 3. You will have to then make use of the Volume Up and Down buttons to perform any further step.
Step 4. When you Choose Wipe Cache Partition, you will not lose any sort of data from your device. However, be sure to not select the Wipe Data or Factory Reset since this will simply wipe up all of your data.
Your cache will now be cleaned and later on, new cache will be generated as well.
This was all about wiping the cache partition on Oppo Realme 2 Pro. Hope you guys found this article useful in the same. Do let us know if you have any queries or suggestions for us. Among the mentioned methods, I would recommend to you all to Wipe Cache Partition through the Recovery Mode method.
As it is near necessary to delete and clear the cache of your device at regular intervals to keep it working smoothly, Recovery Mode Method will give you a less time completion of the process and that too effectively.
Must Check : How to Root Oppo Realme 2 Pro?
Keep visiting our Page for more such articles. Or you can also Subscribe to our Newsletter for the timely notifications of our posts.