Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3: Poco has been killing its competition in the mid-range market for years now. When it comes to the best smartphones around 20,000 rupees in India, Poco has always made its appearance in every influencers list. This Ex-Xioami’s sub-brand launched the Poco X2 earlier this year and after six months, they have released the successor. Poco X3 is a substantial upgrade over its predecessor and brings a lot to the table. For starters, Poco X3 is the first device to come with Snapdragon 732G SoC
Poco X3 Specifications
Poco X3 boasts a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. The resolution of this display is 1080 x 2400 pixels and the pixel density of this panel is about 395 PPI. Underneath the hood, as mentioned earlier, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G chipset which is coupled with, 6 GB, or 8 GB of RAM.
As far as the internal storage is concerned the device is made available in three storage variants which include 64 GB, 128 GB. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. As for gaming, the device is no lesser to any of the flagship devices, at least in some titles.
As one would expect, Poco did not cut any corners in regards to the cameras. To be honest that is one of the aspects where Poco X3 shines. The primary sensor is a 64 MP sensor with an F/1.9 aperture. 13 MP f/2.2 aperture. And I am not gonna waste your time talking about the other two cameras. On the front, there is a 20 MP selfie camera unit.
The device runs MIUI 11 which is built on top of Android 10. MIUI is one of the feature-rich user interfaces which comes with a bundle of features but a bit laggy at times. Now, this is where custom ROMs come into the play. But for that, you will need to unlock the bootloader and have the TWRP recovery. Now, in this post, we are going to discuss how to unlock the bootloader of Poco X3.
What is Bootloader?
In general, Bootloader is a code that exists in every OS in order to start or run any device. A bootloader is generally a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. Take any gadget which runs any operating system, it will have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developed and maintained by Google, but every manufacturer out there has a bootloader of their own.
As you would already know, bootloaders usually come locked. If you plan on flashing a custom mod, ROM, or any custom file for that matter, then you will have to unlock the bootloader. So, just like any Android device, Poco X3 also comes with a locked bootloader. In order to unlock the bootloader of Poco X3, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps!
Pre-Requisites to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
- The first step in unlocking the bootloader of any device includes installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the Poco X3 is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Download and Install Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Make sure that you backed up all your data as bootloader unlocking will wipe everything on your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
- On your Poco X3, enter settings then navigate to About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times.
- Go back to the home page of settings and open Additional settings.
- Here you will find the Developer options, click and select on it to open. Here you will have to enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM unlock.
- Now enter Mi Unlock Status and add your Mi account to your device and you will see Mi account is associated with your device.
- Once done, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to PC.
- Here you will have to type ADB Devices, now it will show the list of devices connected. Now type ADB Reboot bootloader
- Now enable the pop-up on your phone’s screen and you will enter fastboot mode on your phone. The Mi Bunny will appear by which you can confirm that you have entered bootloader or fastboot mode.
- Open Mi Unlock Tool and login with the same Mi Account credentials.
- Click on Unlock Now. It might show you wait for 72 hours or more to unlock. Xiaomi has some weird unlock policies which are common with all their devices.
- Repeat the same steps again, and that is all. You have successfully completed the process of unlock bootloader of Poco X3.
These are the steps included in Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3. If this post helped you with how to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3, show us some love by sharing this guide with your friends and fellow Poco users.
Also Read: Download Google Camera 7.4 for Poco X3
We at Android Jungles strive to bring you the tech fixes and tips like this every day. So make sure to follow us on Google News and Twitter, to get notified whenever a post goes live. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.