OnePlus is now releasing the latest firmware updates for the flagship devices from three generations. Just recently the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro received the Oxygen OS 10.0.1 which is a stable Android 10 firmware based update. And now is the time for OnePlus 5 and 5T to receive Oxygen OS 9.0.9 along with the October 2019 Security Patch.
This update might not seem to be as much significant but certainly the October 2019 Security Patch is. This update is still based on Android 9 Pie firmware. But if you are looking for Android 10, then you can go for the Beta Testing program. The OnePlus device is now protected from the QualPwn vulnerability. Some bug fixes have followed. There are some system optimizations which are listed as follows –
Change log for Oxygen OS 9.0.9 for OnePlus 5 and 5T –
- Fixes an issue with expanded screenshots
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
Download Oxygen OS 9.0.9 OTA Update for OnePlus 5 and 5T
Here are the links to download the Oxygen OS 9.0.9 OTA Update for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T respectively. The given below are the stable and official versions of Oxygen OS.
OnePlus 5 and 5T users will also receive an OTA Update notification. You can check for the update manually by going to the Settings> System Updates> Check for OTA Updates.
However, if you do not get the notification yet, you can certainly download the OTA Update from the links given below. You can update this official and stable software by using the Local Upgrade Method. For rooted devices, the user can flash the update using Custom TWRP Recovery too.
Download full stock firmware zip –
Oxygen OS 9.0.9 for OnePlus 5 –
OTA download link (direct link)
Oxygen OS 9.0.9 for OnePlus 5T –
OTA download link (direct link)
Install Oxygen OS 9.0.9 for OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 5
Here is how you can manually install the Oxygen OS 9.0.9 for OnePlus 5T and 5 –
- Download Oxygen OS 9.0.9 OTA Zip file for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T from the links given above.
- Now copy this downloaded file to the folder on PC where you have installed the Android SDK Platform tools i.e. ADB and Fastboot binaries.
- Go to the Folder and press the Shift Key. Simultaneously right click on the empty space in the folder.
- A menu will now appear on the screen of which select, ‘Open PowerShell Window here’.
- Switch off your OnePlus 5/ 5T.
- Then boot your device into Recovery Mode by holding down the Volume Up and Power Button together.
- Soon, a No Command screen will follow. here hold the Power button and press the Volume Up key for once so as to enter the Stock Recovery.
- Here, highlight the ‘Apply update from ADB’ option with the help of Volume Keys to navigate.
- Type the below command for making sure that your device has been detected by ADB –
- Then type the below command so as to install Oxygen OS 9.0.9 on OnePlus 5 and 5T.
.adb sideload PNX-415B-0-00WW-B03-update.zip
- Once the installation is done with, you can choose the ‘Reboot System Now‘ option.
Your OnePlus 5 or 5T will now be rebooted into Oxygen OS 9.0.9 firmware. Let us know if you have any doubts in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.
Happy Androiding 🙂