The month before, OnePlus had released the official Android 10 based on the Oxygen OS 10 for their flagship devices. Although the Oxygen OS 10 firmware came with a stable Android 10 and some never seen before features, it was put on hold soon after its release. The reason for this was that the first stable Android 10 update had some bugs and hence now after clearing them off, OnePlus has released the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix OTA update for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
The Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Firmware update brings a lot of amazing features whose changelog we have mentioned below and along with that, it brings the Android 10 features package which includes –
- Enhanced location permissions
- New privacy tools
- Live caption
- Smart reply
- Sound amplifier
- Gesture navigation
- Dark mode
- Privacy controls
- Location controls
- Focus mode
- Family link
- Latest security updates, and more.
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Hotfix update Plus Android 10 is now rolling out for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro for the Global, EU and US Variants. The changelog is similar to the last update. But it does include the Oxygen OS 10 features like –
- Brand new UI design
- Advanced location permissions
- Advanced privacy tools
- Fnatic mode
- Zen mode
- Full screen gestures
- Game space
- Smart display
- Screenshot editor
- Spam call and text filtering
- New NightScape 2.0 for camera
- Always on display
- Edge notification light.
- New customization feature in settings enabling icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings menu
- Built-in Digital Wellbeing
- Built-in screen recorder
Change Log of Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 (Pro)
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.1 OTA update – Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro
The Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Hotfix update along with Android 10 is now rolling out for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. If you are having a OnePlus 7 device with the earlier OOS package, then you can upgrade it to Oxygen OS 10.0.1 HotFix.
The update isn’t much huge and comes in a 113 MB Size which you can get by going to the Settings> About Phone > System Update > check for OTA updates. Since the update has just been released, not all the full stock firmware downloads are available at the moment.
Here are the four variants of the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro that you must know before downloading the Android 10 OTA Update. Also, Thanks to djsubterrain and Akhil Narang on XDA-Forums for the links.
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
Downloads for OnePlus 7 Pro –
Download Global: –
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 Android 10 for OnePlus 7 Pro (direct link)
Download EU –
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 Pro (AFH link)
Downloads for OnePlus 7 –
Download Global –
Download EU –
Oxygen OS 10.0.1 for OnePlus 7 (coming soon…)
Downloads for Oxygen OS 10
Previous Oxygen OS 10 OTA update downloads
Update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to latest Oxygen OS 10.0.1 firmware update
You can use any one of the below three methods to Update OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro to the latest Oxygen OS Firmware 10.0.1.
#1. Go to Settings> About Phone> System Update> Check OTA Updates.
#2. You can also update the Oxygen OS Firmware 10.0.1 right now by downloading the Oxygen 10 Full firmware from the links given above and flashing it with the help of Local Upgrade Method.
#3. The third one is the OnePlus Local Upgrade Method. In this method, you will need the full stock firmware update zip as mentioned above. For all the OnePlus phones, this is the simplest way of updating. Although there is no chance of losing data, taking a backup is a crucial prerequisite here.
- Download the latest Oxygen OS 10 full stock firmware zip from above.
- Move the Oxygen OS 10 zip file to the Phone’s internal storage and place the zip file at the root i.e. outside every folder.
- Navigate to Settings > System updates > tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will now look for an upgrade package.
- When you see an upgrade package, click on it and then on the install option.
- Now the device will reboot and the upgrade will be finished. Note that the first boot may take some time.
I hope the article was useful. Keep Visiting.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!