Recently Google released its latest Android 10 Q and it was rolled out on all the Google pixel phones along with Redmi K20 series. This most awaited update of the year brought some really useful features for the users that will enhance their Android experience. Along with this official release, there is one more thing released – AOSP 10 Source Code. Recently, the Android Asus Zenfone 6 got the unofficial version of LineageOS 17.
And here we are sharing the download links as well as a method to install LineageOS 17 on Asus Zenfone 6. For those who do not know, Android 10 is the latest OS from Google that offers system UI Changes as well as some really cool features which we have mentioned below.
Specifications of Asus Zenfone 6 –
- Specifications of Asus Zenfone 6 –
- Android 10 Features –
- What is LineageOS 17 Android 10 Q Build?
- Download & Install LineageOS 17 for your Asus Zenfone 6 based on Android 10 Q
- The Asus Zenfone 6 was launched on 2019, May
- It comes with a screen size of 6.4 inches
- It is powered by
- The screen type is IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- The selfie camera comes in Motorized flip-up main camera module and the rear camera is of 48 MP & 13 MP.
- The internal storage is with a RAM of 64GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- The battery is of Li-Po 5000 mAh.
Android 10 Features –
- System-wide dark mode
- focus mode
- family link
- faster security updates
- location control
- privacy control
- live caption
- smart reply
- Navigation gestures
- sound amplifier
- and so on.
What is LineageOS 17 Android 10 Q Build?
LineageOS is an open-source and free Custom ROM for Android phones. It offers the Android 10 features along with the Lineage Customization options that let the users to be more advanced.
The LineageOS 17 which is based on Android 10 Q is now available for download for Asus Zenfone 6. In this article, we are sharing the download links to the ROM file along with the GApps zip file so that users can enjoy the LineageOS 17 on their Android Asus Zenfone 6. Here we go –
We at www.androidjungles.com are not responsible for any sort of damage caused to your Asus Zenfone 6 while performing the below guide. This article is for educational purpose only and we do not recommend the use of any Custom ROMs which might come with some bugs and/or stability issues. Perform it at your own peril.
Download & Install LineageOS 17 for your Asus Zenfone 6 based on Android 10 Q
Here is a step-by-step short guide on how you can install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 Q for your Asus Zenfone 6. But before that, here are some prerequisites and downloads that you will have to follow. Below that we have also mentioned the guide for those who are upgrading from the earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Asus Zenfone 6.
- Unlock Bootloader of your Asus Zenfone 6.
- Take a complete backup of your Android Asus Zenfone 6.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your Asus Zenfone 6.
- Have a battery percentage of at least 50%.
- Download the essential files from the links given below.
Lineage OS 17 Download Link
Gapps for Lineage OS 17: Download
Install LineageOS 17 on Asus Zenfone 6 –
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed all the prerequisites, you can now begin the actual process by copying the TWRP image file, ROM Zip File as well as the GApps file to the internal storage of your Asus Zenfone 6.
Step 2. Then reboot your Asus Zenfone 6 and boot into the TWRP Recovery Mode.
Step 3. In the TWRP Menu, click on the option of Install and then go to Install image and choose TWRP image file from where you had copied it in the first step.
Step 4. Then swipe right to confirm the flashing process.
Step 5. Once again reboot to recovery mode.
Step 6. Go to the Wipe Cache and Data partition in the TWRP menu.
Step 7. Here, choose the option of ‘Select advanced Wipe‘ then ‘select data, system, vendor, cache. Finally, Swipe to wipe.
Step 8. Now flash the ROM Zip file from the Install section.
Step 9. By default, the system will be already mounted, just uncheck it and remount system and vendor manually. Alongside, flash the GApps file too.
Step 10. Restart your Asus Zenfone 6 and be patient as the procedure will take some time.
Upgrading from the earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Asus Zenfone 6
- Copy the latest LineageOS 17 ROM Zip file for Asus Zenfone 6 along with the GApps zip file or Magisk Root Package.
- Now boot into Recovery so as to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Asus Zenfone 6.
- Then from the TWRP Recovery Menu, wipe the system partition.
- Then install the Updated LineageOS 17 for Asus Zenfone 6.
- Restart your Asus Zenfone 6 and see if the GApps are available or not.
- In case you do not get the GApps even after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Asus Zenfone 6, then simply flash the GApps.
- Now do a verification for the presence of Root. In case you do not have root after the upgrading of LineageOS 17 on Asus Zenfone 6 then flash the Lineage U Binary or SuperSU or Magisk.
- Now that you have done everything, you are all set to enjoy the LineageOS 17 on your Asus Zenfone 6.
I hope that you have successfully installed the LineageOS 17 ROM on your Asus Zenfone 6. However, if there are any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Happy Androiding 🙂