Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco X3: Poco has been killing its competition in the mid-range market for years now. When it comes to the best smartphones around 20,000 rupees in India, Poco has always made its appearance in every influencers list. This Ex-Xioami’s sub-brand launched the Poco X2 earlier this year and after six months, they have released the successor.
Poco X3 is a substantial upgrade over its predecessor and brings a lot to the table. For starters, Poco X3 is the first device to come with Snapdragon 732G SoC
Poco X3 Specifications
Poco X3 boasts a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. The resolution of this display is 1080 x 2400 pixels and the pixel density of this panel is about 395 PPI. Underneath the hood, as mentioned earlier, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G chipset which is coupled with, 6 GB, or 8 GB of RAM.
As far as the internal storage is concerned the device is made available in three storage variants which include 64 GB, 128 GB. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. As for gaming, the device is no lesser to any of the flagship devices, at least in some titles.
As one would expect, Poco did not cut any corners in regards to the cameras. To be honest that is one of the aspects where Poco X3 shines. The primary sensor is a 64 MP sensor with an F/1.9 aperture. 13 MP f/2.2 aperture. And I am not gonna waste your time talking about the other two cameras. On the front, there is a 20 MP selfie camera unit.
The device runs MIUI 11 which is built on top of Android 10. MIUI is one of the feature-rich user interfaces which comes with a bundle of features but a bit laggy at times. Now, this is where custom ROMs come into the play. But for that, you will need to unlock the bootloader and have the TWRP recovery. Now, in this post, we are going to discuss how to install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco X3.
Pre-Requisites to Download TWRP Recovery on Poco X3
- Installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the Poco X3 is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools and platform-tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Bootloader should be unlocked (You can follow this guide to know How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
- Back up all the necessary files as Bootloader Unlock wipes internal storage.
- Download TWRP Recovery
What is TWRP Recovery?
All the Android phones have their own recovery which can be used to perform some simple tasks like wiping the data, clearing cache, and etc. But these recoveries are manufacturer oriented and can only flash original images or files from the company. Now, that is where TWRP Recovery for Poco X3 comes into the action.
In general, TWRP is one of the most popular recovery projects. TWRP stands for Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP is one of the finest Android recovery projects which is available for a plethora of devices. Choosing TWRP recovery over stock recovery adds in a load of benefits. For starters, the UI here is very much interactive with many advanced features. Using TWRP Recovery for Poco X3, you can switch various ROMs, test out a set of mods and other features.
TWRP Recovery for Poco X3 (Features)
- You can flash Custom ROMs.
- Flash Magisk and root the device.
- Flash various mods like Dolby Atmos, and other audio mods.
- Integrated Format options.
- Mount Storage
- SD Card Partition features
- ADB Sideload and Terminal Access.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Poco X3
- On your Poco X3, enter settings then navigate to About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times.
- Go back to the home page of settings and open Additional settings.
- Here you will find the Developer options, click and select on it to open. Here you will have to enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM unlock.
- Once done, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to PC.
- Here you will have to enter CMD or Powershell type ADB Devices, now it will show the list of devices connected. Now type ADB Reboot bootloader
- Now enable the pop-up on your phone’s screen and you will enter fastboot mode on your phone. The Mi Bunny will appear by which you can confirm that you have entered bootloader or fastboot mode.
- Copy the TWRP which you have downloaded previously and rename it to TWRP.img
- In CMD or PowerShell, type fastboot devices to make sure that your device is connected.
- Once made sure, enter
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-(xx-xxxxxx)-mauronofrio.img
- Replace (xxx) with the version of TWRP
- Next up, type
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
- Now you have installed TWRP Recovery on Poco X3. You can press and hold volume up + power key to enter recovery anytime.
How to Root Poco X3 using Magisk
- Download Magisk.zip and place it in your downloads section of your internal storage.
- Enter recovery mode by pressing volume up + power key together.
- Now go-ahead to the downloads section and select and swipe to install Magisk.
- That is it, this is how to install TWRP recovery and root Poco X3
These are the steps included in Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco X3. If this post helped you with Install TWRP Recovery and Root Poco X3, show us some love by sharing this guide with your friends and fellow Poco users.
Also Read: Download Google Camera 7.4 for Poco X3
Also Read: How to Unlock Bootloader of Poco X3
We at Android Jungles strive to bring you the tech fixes and tips like this every day. So make sure to follow us on Google News and Twitter, to get notified whenever a post goes live. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.