How to Fix Don’t Starve Screen Flickering Issue: Don’t Starve is one of the finest survival games out there. The game is developed by Canadian developer Klei Entertainment. The is made available for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux initially and was ported to Play Station Vita and Play Station 4 in 2014 and 2015, accordingly. Several years after the launch, a lot of Don’t Stave players have been reporting that they are facing the flickering issues.
This issue is caused by any certain reason, but this usually happens by a graphic driver problem. If you are facing a similar issue, then this post is tailor-made for you. As, in this guide, we are going to discuss how to fix Don’t Starve Flickering Issue.
Also Read: Top 5 Best Android Emulators for Mac
Pre-Requisites to Fix Don’t Starve Screen Flickering Issue
Before troubleshooting or following the below-mentioned methods, it is recommended to follow these pre-requisites carefully.
- Restart the computer
- Disable all the mods installed within the game. As sometimes, most of these mods will malfunction. So try disabling each mod you installed.
- Turn off any third-party graphics applications such as Asus Tweak, Rivatuner, and etc that are running in the background.
Method 1: Verify the Game Files to Fix Don’t Starve Screen Flickering Issue
- Open the Steam launching on your computer.
- Once opened, click and open the second tab on the top of the Steam launcher which is Library.
- This is where you can find all the games. Here you will have to search for Don’t Starve.
- Right-click on the Don’t Starve and then click on properties. Now the properties window will open up.
- Now click on the Local Files tab which is the third tab inside the properties window.
- Here, you will have to click and select the Verify Integrity on Game Files button.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves. If this did not fix your issue, then go ahead and follow the next method.
Also Read: How to Fix Xbox One won’t Read Disc
Method 2: Update the Graphics Driver of your Computer to Fix Don’t Starve Screen Flickering Issue
- Right-click on the Windows icon or start key.
- Click and select the Device Manager settings.
- Click on the tiny arrow which is located beside the Display Adapters settings.
- Now, this opens the Display Adapters settings and you can right-click and then select Update Drivers.
- Select and choose the search automatically for the driver’s options.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves.
If this post helped you to fix Don’t Starve Screen Flickering Issue, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!