In this article, we are sharing with you all how to Fix Total War Saga TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch error.
Recently, a slightly common error is running among a lot of Total War Saga Player is the TROY Crashing or Won’t launch error. Hence, to bring some light on it and since there has been no official workaround announced for it yet, here we have included the best solution you can try to fix this issue.
Reasons for TROY Crashing or Won’t Launch Error
- Reasons for TROY Crashing or Won’t Launch Error
- Fix Total War Saga TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch
Since the issue has not yet been addressed by the company officially, the exact reasons for these errors cannot be stated. But it can be concluded by its nature that one of the below could be the possible reasons for Total War Saga TROY Crashing error –
Outdated Game Files
Game files that are outdated are a major culprit for many such issues. Outdated files are a result of any random actions or just system changes.
The drivers for any game of software need to be compatible and up to date. Or else various errors are sure to occur in the system.
Various third-party apps or software that we rely on might actually be wrong for some particular systems like Total War Saga. Another Epic game app could be a reason too.
If the Troy Won’t launch error has been prevailing for a long time now, you better check for any hardware issues with your PC.
Fix Total War Saga TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch
Given below are the best solutions you can try to fix Total War Saga TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch error.
1. Restart Total War Saga Troy
The first and easiest way to get rid of any issue is restarting. A simple restart, although sounds very nominal can actually help you out with many issues.
- To restart Total War Saga, you’ll need to go to Task Manager.
- Right-click on Total War: Troy under Processes tab.
- Then hit the End Task button.
That’s it. Now again open Total War Troy and see if the Total War TROY won’t launch error has gone. If not, you can try the other solutions mentioned below.
2. Update Game Software
Updates are meant for proper and seamless functioning of the game and reducing occasional bugs. If your game software is not Updated, it might result in various errors like Total War Saga TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch.
3. Install Latest Drivers
Drivers play a major role in your system. If your drivers aren’t installed or are not compatible, then it is obvious to that errors like Total War TROY won’t launch.
For this to not happen, you will need to latest GPU or graphics card drivers on your PC. You can simply Google it with the game name.
4. Close Background Apps
Background apps do just more than we think. A lot of users have reported that many background apps related to the game like Cheat Engine or benchmarking tools like MSI afterburner cause such issues on TROY.
What you can do here is, close these background apps by going to the Task Manager. And then see if the issue still exists.
5. Verify Total War Files
Here’s how you can verify Total War Files –
- Open Epic Games App.
- Navigate to Library menu.
- Then go to Total War: Troy.
- Now Click on the Menu, present as the 3-dot icon.
- Then click on Verify.
That’s it. Now see if the Total War Saga won’t launch Error has been fixed or now.
6. Uninstall Other Apps
If recently you have installed any apps and after that you have been receiving such errors, then try uninstalling those apps. Then the TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch should have been solved.
7. Repair Epic games app
If none of the above solutions have helped you out, you can always repair the Epic Games app using the easy guide below –
- Firstly, Press both the Windows + R keys together. This will open the Run box.
- In the Run Box, type in appwiz.cpl to open the Programs and Features window.
- Now go to the Epic Games Launcher.
- Then right-click on it and choose – Repair.
That’s it. You have successfully repaired the Epic Games launcher. Now see if the TROY won’t launch Error still persists.
8. Reinstall Epic games app
At last, if the money of the above-mentioned solutions have helped, you can try to reinstall Epic Games Launcher and then see of the error still remains.
- Firstly, Press together these two keys – Windows + R. This will open the Run box.
- Here, type – appwiz.cpl to open the Programs and Features window.
- Now search for Epic Games Launcher.
- Right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
- Once the game is uninstalled, again go to Epic Games Official website.
- Download the game again.
Once you have downloaded the game again, see if the issue still remains. If it does even after trying out all the above solutions, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Also see –
- How to Fix CSGO Trust Launch Failed Error
- Fix CSGO Failed to Connect with Local Steam Client Process Error
- How to Fix Epic Games Launcher Error LS-0021
- Fix Fall Guys Freezing when closing
- How to Report Hackers on Fall Guys
I hope that the above article helped in Fixing Total War Saga: TROY Crashing Or Won’t Launch error. In case you still couldn’t solve it, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.