Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is an upcoming high-intense action and first-person shooter game which is developed by Treyarch and Reven Software and is published by Activision. Cold War is the sixth instalment to the Black Ops series and seventeenth instalment to the Call of Duty Series. The game is expected to release on November 13 this year.
Facing issues like Black Screen, server errors, and etc are very commonly found in the world of online gaming. After waiting for weeks and months to get your hands on the game, it might ruin your excitement when you run the game and face Black Screen Issue, right? Well, do not worry, as in this post we will guide you what you can to fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Issue, when it occurs.
If you are wondering why this issue has occurred in the first place… well, there are many reasons. For starters, the issue can be caused when your graphic drivers are outdated or when your game files are corrupted. So, without any further discussion, let us quickly get into the process, shall we?
Method 1: Update Graphics Drivers to Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Issue
It is safe and best to always make sure that your graphics card runs the latest drivers. This could be a simple way but in most of the cases is also the most effective way. You would also want to keep all the remaining third-party apps that are your software and also Windows Operating System fully updated to be on the safer side.
To update the Graphics Drivers:
- Right-click on the Windows icon or start key.
- Click and select the Device Manager settings.
- Also Read:
- Click on the tiny arrow which is located beside the Display Adapters settings.
- Now, this opens the Display Adapters settings and you can right-click and then select Update Drivers.
- Select and choose the search automatically for the driver’s options.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves.
Method 2: Scan and Repair Game Files to Fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Issue
- Open the Battle.net desktop application which will be located in your start menu.
- Once the applications is opened, on the top-bar you will get to see the Games tab. Click on it to open.
- Here you will have to click on the Call of Duty from the left panel on your computer.
- Once you are here, you will have to click on the options which are located on the right panel under the game cover.
- Click on Scan and repair option here. Now this will scan for any missing or corrupted game files.
- Click on Begin scan and this will start the scan process.
- This might take some time. Once done, you can open the game and test out for this issue yourselves. If this did not fix your issue, then go ahead and follow the next method.
If none of these methods worked for you, we recommend you to uninstall and then reinstall the game to fix the issue. If this guide helped you to fix Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War Black Screen Issue, do consider sharing this guide with your game buddies. We recommend you to bookmark this page to access the guide easily.
We at Android Jungles strive to bring you the gaming fixes and tips like this every day. So make sure to follow us on Google News and Twitter, to get notified whenever a post goes live. For more posts like this stay tuned with us. Until next time, stay techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.