The Samsung Galaxy S10 series has now finally received the latest One UI 2.1 Update. If you own any of the 10 series devices – Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e or Galaxy S10+, here is an article where you can easily download and install the update on your device using simple steps. So what are you still waiting for? Scroll down!
Changelog of latest One UI 2.1 Update for Samsung Galaxy S10
Here is the complete changelog of the latest One UI 2.1 Update for Samsung Galaxy S10 series of devices –
- AR Emoji has been updated with improvements such as a manual editing function and advanced facial expression recognition.
- Since AR-Emoji has been updated to a new version, all previously saved AR-emojis will be deleted the next time you open the AR-Emoji app.
New camera functions
- Various menus, modes and filters have been added, such as: B. AR zone, single take, professional video, own filters, selfie sound, time lapse for the night and a mode for recording videos with the front camera in FHD / UHD at 60 fps.
- Similar images are now grouped together to ensure a more organized viewing experience.
- A function has been added that allows you to combine several different groups of albums in one group, or to combine different groups and albums in one group.
- An improved search function has been added to search images based on information such as the time or location of the image.
- The “Quick crop” function has been added to enlarge or crop parts of images with high resolution.
- A function for multilingual translation has been added.
- A function has been added to search for different elements like emojis and stickers at the same time.
- An “Undo / Redo” function for text has been added. (Swipe left or right on the keyboard with two fingers.)
- An icon to open Samsung Pass has been added.
- With Quick Share, files can now be shared quickly and easily with nearby Samsung devices.
- With Music Share you can share music with your friends via a Bluetooth audio device.
A software update contains, for example, the following components:
Stability improvements and bug fixes for the device.
New and / or expanded functions.
- Further improvements for optimal performance.
Download One UI 2.1 Update for Samsung Galaxy S10/S10e/S10+
The full stock firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S10 device is a .TAR extension file. It comes in a size of around 2 GB. So make sure that firstly you download it over a WiFi network and secondly, extract this file once you download it so as to install the update using the guide below.
To download the latest One UI 2.1 Firmware Update for Galaxy S10 devices, you can go to the Samsung Servers and download the firmware update using the tools – SamFirm Tool and the latest Frija Tool. Once you download the update file using these two tools, you can go ahead and install it using below guide.
Note – The Samsung Galaxy S10 series One UI 2.1 firmware Update is only for the Exynos variants. You will have to wait a little more for the Snapdragon variants.
Galaxy S10+ – G975FXXU4CTC9
Galaxy S10 – G973FXXU4CTC9
Galaxy S10e – G970FXXU4CTC9
NOTES for eligible devices! Go to phone app and dial *#1234#, and check if OXM is listed in the CSC-build. If yes, then you can flash the Odin. If now, then you should not proceed!
Eligible OXM multi CSC codes builds are (ACR AFG AFR ATO AUT BGL BNG BRI CAC CAM CAU CHO COO DBT DKR ECT EGY EON EUR ILO INS ITV KSA LAO LUX MID MWD MXO MYM NEE NPL ORX PAK PEO PHE PHN ROM SEB SEE SEK SKZ SLK SMP THL THR TPA TPH TTT TUN TUR XEF XEH XEO XEU XEZ XFE XME XSG XSP XTC XXV )
And for single – (BTC BTU CPW DOO EMP GLB GTO LYS MAT MM1 NZC OPS SER SIN SIO SMA STH TEB TEL TMC TNZ VAU VNZ WTL XFA XFV XNZ XSA)
- To start with, download and extract the latest SamFirm tool or the Frija Samsung Firmware Downloader.
- Navigate to the Settings> About Phone on your S10 device and then note down the model number. For instance – SM-G970F for Galaxy S10e, SM-G973F for S10, and SM-G975F for S10+.
- Look for the CSC/ Product/ Regional code for your Galaxy S10 device from here. You can use DBT for Android 10.
- Now enter the model number and region code of your device.
- Now check the Auto box as well as the decrypt automatically box.
- Click on the ‘Check updates’ option.
- When the details are displayed, hit the download button.
That is how easy it was to download the update file. Now you can go ahead and install the update on your Galaxy S10 device by following the below guide-
Update Samsung G alaxy S10 to stable One UI 2.1 firmware using Odin FlashTool
Before getting into the update method, make sure you have followed all the below-mentioned requirements.
- Download Odin Flash Tool Latest Version.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Download Stock firmware using the SamFirm tool.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
- Make sure to have a complete backup of your device data. Updating might put your device data including contacts, images, videos, files, apps, etc. at risk. This because you will have to factory reset your device. So do not forget to have a complete backup taken before getting into the update process.
- To begin with, turn off your Samsung Galaxy S10 device and reboot into Odin Mode or Download Mode. For this, you have to hold down the Power Button+ Bixby+ Volume Down button altogether. You will soon see the Samsung Logo followed by a warning on the screen. Just click on the Volume Up button so as to proceed.
- Now download and extract the Latest Odin Flash Tool from the links mentioned above.
- Then run the Odin.exe file as administrator.
- Using USB Cables, connect your Samsung Galaxy S10 device to the PC.
- Now, download and extract the firmware zip file so as to get the TAR image files.
- Add these firmware files to the Odin tool.
- In case there is just one file, you can add it to the AP slot. Or else, add to Odin Sections. For instance, AP for AP, BL for BL, CP for CP, CSC for CSC.
- In the Options tab, select both – Auto Reboot and Factory Reset Time.
- Lastly, check the Log tab and then hit the Start Button.
That is it. Soon the Output will be displayed in the log. When the entire flashing process is done with, you will see a message – PASS.
After you are done with flashing, you can hold down the power button with the Volume Up button so as to get out of Odin or Download Mode. Your Galaxy S10 device will now reboot normally.