Just like it was promised by OnePlus, the OnePlus flagship devices – OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro recently received the latest Android 10 OS update. This happened the same day as Google released the OS. However as the Android 10 of OnePlus is based on OxygenOS, it’s still in the beta version as the third party OEMs have to compile their own stock firmware for their devices. So here is an article to help you download Oxygen OS based Open Beta 1 for OnePlus 7 (Pro).
However, it isn’t clear yet if the Android 10 update is based on the OxygenOS 10 as the Open Beta 1 is a novice firmware and there isn’t a word about it thus far.
Considering the changelog, which we have mentioned below, the Open Beta 1 brings along a completely new User Interface design which may be a hint of the latest OxygenOS.
Other major features this update brings are – Gaming Space feature, anti-spam measures for stock messages app to block by keywords, smart display, etc. There are also a number of Android 10 features like Gesture Navigation, Live Caption, Smart Reply, Sound Amplifier, Dark theme, Privacy Controls, Location Controls, Security Updates, and a lot more.
Well that’s a lot of features to take in, which certainly is great news for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro users but we should not forget that this Open Beta 1 is a Beta program and novice, of course, hence there are some compatibility issues encountered as well. A probability of a lagging system has been mentioned as well.
Changelog for OnePlus 7 (Pro) Android 10 OTA Update
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design.
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy.
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings.
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display（Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display).
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back.
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps.
- New Gaming Space feature now add all your favourite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience.
- Now block by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings).
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues.
- Application compatibility issues.
Download Android 10 for OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro with Open Beta 1
Here are the latest Android 10 Open Beta update for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. Just note that this firmware is a beta stock zip file and hence you will not receive any OTA updates. You will have to manually update them. We have also mentioned the Android 9.0 Pie rollback package in case you are not satisfied with the Android 10 Update.
Download for OnePlus 7 Pro
Download for OnePlus 7 –
Download EU:Oxygen OS 10 Android 10 for OnePlus 7
Here are the links to the rollback packages for One Plus 7 and 7 Pro in case you are not satisfied with open beta 1.
OnePlus 7 Pro – Rollback
OnePlus 7 – Rollback
The different OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro variants are as below –
- GM21AA: GM1911: India & GM1917: Global/US Unlocked
- GM21BA: GM1913: EU
- GM27BA: GM1920: EU 5G
- GM31CB: GM1915: T-Mobile (Carrier Locked)
Update OnePlus 7 (Pro) to Android 10 Oxygen OS firmware
When you ate looking for a way to update OnePlus 7 (Pro) device to the latest Android 10 Oxygen OS firmware full stock firmware update zips that we have mentioned in the download links above.
This is the simplest way to switch to another firmware and there is no fear of losing any data. But it is always better to have a backup. Once taken, you can follow the below steps to perform the update –
This requires the full stock firmware update zips. It is the easiest way to update any OnePlus device. You can basically switch between Open Beta firmware or Stable channel easily. Don’t worry, you won’t lose any data. However, a backup is very important.
- First of all, download the latest OxygenOS full stock firmware zip from the links mentioned above.
- Now take the full firmware package from above for the OnePlus device.
- Move the ROM file to the internal storage of your device.
- Put this zip file outside every folder.
- Then head to the Settings app> System updates > tap on the top right settings icon >select Local Upgrade option.
- By choosing the Local Upgrade option, it will search for an upgrade package.
- When you see an upgrade package, click on it.
- Finally select the install option.
- The device will now reboot. Be patient until then.
That was it about the Android 10 Oxygen OS firmware update on OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro. I assume that you have all found the article of use. Keep visiting.