The official Twitter handle of Asus ROG phones, @ASUS_ROG, earlier today announced that the Asus ROG Phone 2 will now be receiving the latest Android 10 OTA Update. Asus ROG Phone 2 underwent over 10 beta updates before finally receiving the Android 10 Stable Update. This update has now started and since it is an OTA update, you might receive it sooner or later on your ROG Phone 2. So if you are not patient enough for the official update to come to your device, you can anytime download and install the update using the links and short guide given below.
Do not miss – Android 10 OTA Update Download for Asus Zenfone 6/6z
Certainly the Asus ROG Phone 2 will be receiving Android 10 goodies with this latest Android 10 Update that include – Smart Reply, Live Captions, Privacy and Location Controls, System Wide Dar Mode, Focus Mode, Gesture Navigations and so on. Not just that but it also brings along the latest ZEN UI 6 custom skin for Asus phones. Given below is the complete update log of this latest Android 10 OTA Update for Asus ROG Phone 2.
Changelog of Android 10 for Asus ROG Phone 2
Here is what the changelog of Android 10 for Asus ROG phone 2 looks like –
- Upgraded system to Android 10.
- Support Google Play system update.
- Removed Go2Pay and tags ability in Gallery.
- Support more Aura system lighting scenarios when mounting Lighting Armor Case.
- Added advanced settings to brightness bar on the Quick Settings panel.
- Applied Call Exclusive mode system-wide. Removed the related setting from Armoury Crate.
- Added a setting to change the style of the power button menu.
- Added fully gestural navigation in the Display setting.
- Support Android 10 Dark Theme
- Added “Suggested actions and replies” in notifications’ advanced settings.
Download Android 10 for Asus ROG Phone 2
Here is the direct link to download Android 10 for Asus ROG Phone 2. The firmware build number of this update is 17.0210.2001.60.
Update Asus ROG Phone 2 to Android 10
Given below is a short installation guide on how to update Asus ROG Phone 2 to Android 10. Just follow it and you will soon be able to experience Android 10 on your Asus ROG phone 2.
Note – Most important thing while performing any updates is securing your data. make sure that you have taken a complete backup of your ASUS ROG Phone 2 data before upgrading it to Android 10. In case you wish to downgrade the Android OS version of your device’s software to Android 9 using an official software package, it will erase all the data from the internal storage of your device.
- Assuming you have followed the prerequisites, first of all, Download the Android 10 update zip from the link mentioned above.
- Move this downloaded OTA update zip file to the internal storage of your device.
- Put this file at the root of the storage, that is, outside every folder.
- Now reboot your device.
- Your Asus ROG Phone 2 will now automatically detect the update zip file.
- Initiate the update.
While rebooting the device after a system upgrade, note that the dark screen will last about 30 seconds before the logo appears, depending on data size. So do not worry if it takes time.
More such articles –
- Nokia 7 Plus Android 10 Stable OTA update Download
- How to Boot Xiaomi Mi A3 into Fastboot & Recovery Mode
- Download Android 10 OTA Update for Xiaomi Mi A3 (Official)
- Download MIUI 126.96.36.199 based Android 10 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi A2 official Android 10 OTA Update Download
I hope the above article was useful. In case you have any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.