OnePlus 6 and 6T have gone through a series of hurdles before finally receiving the Android 10 stable update. First, it received an Android 10 Stable update last month but then the update was put on hold because of some major bugs. Later on, a Hotfix update was released for OnePlus 6 and 6T. However, even this was soon paused.
If you want a Google camera on your device, do not miss to check Download Google Camera 7.3 APK Port from Google Pixel 4 for all Android devices
Finally today OnePlus has resumed the Android 10 Stable update based on OxygenOS 10.3.1 for the OnePlus 6 and 6T devices.
Changelog of the Oxygen OS 10.3.1 HotFix for OnePlus 6 /6T
Here is the update log of the latest Oxygen OO 10.3.1 Android 10 update for the OnePlus 6 and 6T –
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated security patch to 2019.12
- Optimized the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
Here is a changelog of the previous Android 10 update for OnePlus 6 and 6T –
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new Ul for Android 10
- Fixed the automatic reboot issue
- Added the notch area display option in the Settings (Settings – Display – Notch display – Hide the notch area)
- Fixed the issue with lock screen appearing even after unlocking the device with the password
- Fixed the issue with Navigation bar after upgrade
- Fixed the Digital Wellbeing option missing in the settings
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.11
- Fingerprint unlock functionality improvement
- Camera performance improvement
- Fixed the issue of a WiFi connection to 5GHz networks
The latest Stable Oxygen OS 10.3.1 based Android 10 update brings along a number of major bug fixes and improvements to the system that lacked in the previous update. What’s major is definitely the Android 10 goodies for OnePlus 6 and 6T.
Via this latest Android 10 update, the OnePlus 6/6T users will get a number of new advanced features like – dark mode, focus mode, enhanced location controls, new privacy controls, live caption, smart reply, sound amplifier, gesture navigation, family link, and so on. The update has also brought along the latest December 2019 security patch level with official Digital Wellbeing support.
Also, check – Xiaomi Mi A2 official Android 10 OTA Update Download
Via the custom skin update, Oxygen OS 10.3.1 has got the latest user interface from OnePlus 6 and 6T. It also includes new navigation gestures, privacy tools, system performance, etc. Another significant addition of this update is the notch display settings.
Some major bug fixes like the issue with the black screen appearing directly after unlocking the device via fingerprint have been addressed. Along with that, the device heating while charging issue, automatic reboot issue, lock screen issue, Navigation bar, boot animation logo after a reboot have also been looked into.
If you are a movie freak and want to download free Hollywood and Bollywood movies, do not miss to check out this page. download free Hollywood and Bollywood movies, do not miss to check out this page.
Download Android 10 OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
OxygenOS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 6 Full OTA download
OxygenOS 10.3.1 for OnePlus 6T Full OTA download
How to Install Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update on OnePlus 6?
Hopefully, you might have received the Androidn10 update notification on your OnePlus 6 or 6T device. You can go to the settings> about system>system updates> check for updates. Click on the latest update available.
However, if the update is not yet available on your device, you can simply download the update on your OnePlus 6 or 6T phone and then install it on your device using the below-given installation method.
Before installing the Android 10 OTA Update on OnePlus 6, here are some measures that you will have to follow –
- Whatever the out-of-the-box method you are doing on your device, it is always better to stay a step ahead and secure. Data on your device could be very important to you and you might not want to lose it while updating your device to make it perform better. although the risk of losing data is very less while updating device software prevention is always better than cure. so, first of all, make sure to have a complete backup of your device data.
- When you are updating your device is it is essential that the process is completed in one go. If there are any hindrances, you will have to repeat the complete procedure right from scratch. For this, a Good Internet or WiFi connection is needed. You do not want to download the update with a slow internet connection.
- Again, you do not want to stop the updating process in between and then repeat everything once again. So make sure that you have at least 50% of the charging of your battery to keep the process going on smoothly.
- Your OnePlus 6 device should have at least 3GB of storage.
- Download the OxygenOS 10 OTA Update beta build from the links mentioned above as per your device.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools, or you can also go for Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
Here are the three methods you can try to manually update your OnePlus 6 or 6T to the latest Android 10 Update –
#1. Local Upgrade Method
- Download the latest Oxygen OS 10 based on Android 10 full stock firmware OTA Update from the link mentioned above.
- Transfer the above ROM file to the internal storage of your device.
- Put the zip file outside every folder.
- Go to the Settings app> System updates> Tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- If you see an upgrade package, click on it and then press the install option.
- Now the installation process will begin.
- Your device will then automatically reboot. Note that the first reboot might take some time.
#2. ADB Sideload Method
- Download OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 device.
- Then Rename the file as as
update.zipand move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your OnePlus 6 into Recovery Mode. For this, Switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Open the Command prompt or terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now navigate to the Device Recovery & then select ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device. The Update will be installed on your device.
#3. Stock Recovery
- Download Android 10 OxygenOS 10 OTA update for OnePlus 6 from above.
- Now Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Reboot your OnePlus device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (BSI4-to-ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now start. It might take a while so be patient until then.
- Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
- Enter the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
I hope the article was useful and I assume you have by now downloaded the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update on your OnePlus 6 device. For any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.
More on OnePlus-
Stay tuned with us for more such updates!