How to Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro
Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro: It is not anything unfamiliar to us that wiping the System Cache partition is one of the quick remedies you can try for a device that has frozen. Even in most of the how-tos articles regarding installing Custom Recoveries, ROMs, etc, you will come across this very common phrase of Wiping the System Cache Partition. It surely does form one of the basics of the Android world. And hence are we here to help you out with another such basic.
In this article today, you will be introduced with System Cache Partition and concepts related to it. You will get to know how you can wipe the system cache partition on Oppo RX17 Pro.
- 1 What is Cache?
- 2 What is System Cache Partition?
- 3 Some Features of Oppo RX17 Pro:
- 4 How to Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro?
- 5 Method 1: Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro through Settings-
- 6 Method 2: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro through individual Apps
- 7 Method 3: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro via Recovery Mode
- 8 Rounding Up:
What is Cache?
Cache is a hardware or software which is used to store something temporarily, often data in any computing ecosystem.
What is System Cache Partition?
The Operating System of Android uses various partitions to organize files and folders on your device, in this case on your Oppo RX17 Pro.
Basically, Cache Partition is a temporary directory that is used by the system for downloading temporary files which it needs to download while installing applications and other such stuff. Wiping the cache partition generally does not have any significant effect on its user nor does it free up any space on the device This is because it is mounted as a separate partition. Hence it makes use of the same amount of total disk storage space.
If you have a rooted Oppo RX17 Pro or if you are installing ROMs or other mods in recovery, you will always be asked and suggested to wipe the cache partition. At a time when you find your phone to be lagging, accepting the method of clearing Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache will surely enhance the performance of your Oppo RX17 Pro.
Some Features of Oppo RX17 Pro:
- The Oppo RX17 Pro was launched on November, 2018.
- The display type on Oppo RX17 Pro is AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen with 16 M colors.
- The screen size being 6.4 inches and a 1080× 2340 pixels and 19.5:9 ratio.
- The Android OS is of Android 8.1 Oreo.
- The device contains Qualcomm SDM710 Snapdragon 710 chipset.
- A Octa-core CPU and Adreno 616 GPU.
- The device has a 20 MP camera with and LED Flash, HDR, Panorama, selfie camera being of 25 MP.
- The battery of Oppo RX17 Pro is non-removable with Li-Po 3700 mAh Battery.
- The color of the device being Stream blue, it is priced at about 49,579 INR.
How to Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro?
Given below are methods that will help you to wipe the system cache partition on Oppo RX17 Pro. You can try any of thee as per your convenience.
Method 1: Wipe System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro through Settings-
You can easily wipe the system cache partition on Oppo RX17 Pro through settings which includes a separate option for the same. For this method here are the steps you need to follow:
Step 1. Go to the Settings on Oppo RX17 Pro and Tap on the Storage Option. Here you will be shown the amount of data your system constitutes. You will be shown the memory being used by the partition as well under the name of Cached Data.
Step 2. As we want to wipe the data, Tap on the Cached Data. If you see any confirmation box popping up, tap on Okay to continue with the process.
Step 3. Once you confirm it, the cache will be deleted. However, do note that some versions of the Android Operating System do not allow you to delete cache by this method.
Method 2: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro through individual Apps
When you wish to wipe the data of certain apps and not necessarily the whole system cache data, you can opt for this method.
Step 1. Go to the Settings menu>tap on the Apps option.
Step 2. You will see the list of all the apps on your device. Tap on the App name whose cache you want to wipe.
Step 3. Once you open the app information you will see an option of CLEAR CACHE. Tap on it to clear the cache of that particular app.
If you want to delete the cache of some particular apps, you can do so by this method. However, it would turn very time consuming if you do so for deleting the cache of every App. At such times you can make use of other two methods.
Do not miss our other articles:
Method 3: Wipe the System Cache Partition on Oppo RX17 Pro via Recovery Mode
Step 1. By the title, you might have got an idea of what step to perform firstly in this method. You will have to reboot your Oppo RX17 Pro into Recovery Mode.
- Press down the Power key and select the Power off option. If the screen is frozen or unresponsive, you can hold down the Power key for several seconds until the device switches off, or pull the battery where possible.
- Now press and hold the Power key, the Volume up key, and the Home button together. Release when you see the Samsung logo. You can select the option you want from the menu using the Volume keys to highlight and the Power key to select.
Step 2. Once you on the power of Oppo RX17 Pro then your device will load in Recovery Mode. While in Recovery mode, you will be given an option to Clear the System Cache of your device.
Step 3. You will have to then make use of the Volume Up and Down buttons to perform any further step.
Step 4. When you Choose Wipe Cache Partition, you will not lose any sort of data from your device. However, be sure to not select the Wipe Data or Factory Reset since this will simply wipe up all of your data.
Your cache will now be cleaned and later on, new cache will be generated as well.
Also See: How to Root Oppo RX17 Pro
This was all about wiping the cache partition on Oppo RX17 Pro. Hope you guys found this article useful in the same. Do let us know if you have any queries or suggestions for us. Among the mentioned methods, I would recommend to you all to Wipe Cache Partition through the Recovery Mode method.
As it is near necessary to delete and clear the cache of your device at regular intervals to keep it working smoothly, Recovery Mode Method will give you a less time completion of the process and that too effectively.
Keep visiting our Page for more such articles. Or you can also Subscribe to our Newsletter for the timely notifications of our posts.