How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro: Redmi’s Note series of smartphones are remarkably successful because they pack some pressing hardware and features at a very aggressive price. This results in high sales and popularity across the nation. And Redmi Note 9 Pro which was launched this month is no exception.
After a lot of leaks and speculations, Redmi Note 9 Pro Max was launched in India and the device comes with a punch-hole display notch, Full HD+ display, and is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G SoC. The device was launched at 13,999 INR and will be available in Amazon India.
Redmi Note 9 Pro Specifications
Redmi Note 9 Pro boasts a 6.67 inch IPS LCD display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. The resolution of this display is 1080 x 2400 pixels and the pixel density of this panel is about 395 PPI. Underneath the hood, as mentioned earlier, the device is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset which is coupled with 4 GB of RAM for 6 GB of RAM.
As far as the internal storage is concerned the device is made available in three storage variants which include 64 GB, 128 GB. Adreno 618 handles the graphic duties here. As for gaming, the device is no lesser to any of the flagship devices running on Snapdragon 720Gchipset.
As one would expect, Xiaomi did not cut any corners in regards to the cameras. To be honest that is where Poco F1 shines. The primary sensor is a 48 MP sensor with an F/1.8 aperture. 8 MP f/2.2 aperture. And I am not gonna waste your time talking about the other two cameras. On the front, there is a 16 MP selfie camera unit.
The device runs MIUI 11 which is built on top of Android 10. MIUI is one of the feature-rich user interfaces which comes with a bundle of features but a bit laggy at times. Now, this is where custom ROMs come into the play. But for that, you will need to unlock the bootloader and have the TWRP recovery. Now, in this post, we are going to discuss how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro.
What is Bootloader?
In general, Bootloader is a code that exists in every OS in order to start or run any device. A bootloader is generally a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. Take any gadget which runs any operating system, it will have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developed and maintained by Google, but every manufacturer out there has a bootloader of their own.
As you would already know, bootloaders usually come locked. If you plan on flashing a custom mod, ROM, or any custom file for that matter, then you will have to unlock the bootloader. So, just like any Android device, Redmi Note 9 Pro also comes with a locked bootloader. In order to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps!
Pre-Requisites to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro
- The first step in unlocking the bootloader of any device includes installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the Redmi Note 9 Pro is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Download and Install Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Make sure that you backed up all your data as bootloader unlocking will wipe everything on your device.
How to Unlock Bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro
- On your Redmi Note 9 Pro, enter settings then navigate to About Phone and tap on the MIUI version 7 times.
- Go back to the home page of settings and open Additional settings.
- Here you will find the Developer options, click and select on it to open. Here you will have to enable USB Debugging and Enable OEM unlock.
- Now enter Mi Unlock Status and add your Mi account to your device and you will see Mi account is associated with your device.
- Once done, open the ADB folder on your computer and connect your device to PC.
- Here you will have to type ADB Devices, now it will show the list of devices connected. Now type ADB Reboot bootloader
- Now enable the pop-up on your phone’s screen and you will enter fastboot mode on your phone. The Mi Bunny will appear by which you can confirm that you have entered bootloader or fastboot mode.
- Open Mi Unlock Tool and login with the same Mi Account credentials.
- Click on Unlock Now. It might show you wait for 72 hours or more to unlock. Xiaomi has some weird unlock policies which are common with all their devices.
- Repeat the same steps again, and that is all. You have successfully completed the process of unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro.
That is it! You have successfully did unlock bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro. If this article helped you to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 9 Pro, show us some love by sharing this post with the device users who might require a guide. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. Until next time, Stay Techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.