How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 8 using Magisk: OnePlus 8 was launched in India in April alongside the OnePlus 8 Pro. But due to the lockdown situations and other concerns, the sale started late. OnePlus despite calling themselves flagship killer, they are marketing themselves as premium flagship smartphones. Especially with a starting price of Rs. 42,000 of their devices are not affordable anymore.
Also Read: Download Google Camera 7.4 for OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro Specifications
OnePlus 8 Pro is the less expensive variant of the OnePlus 8 series. The device originates with Fluid AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, HDR10+, and a lot more. We get to see quad rear camera setup here with 48 MP primary camera with f/1.8, an 8 MP telephoto camera, 48 MP ultra-wide camera, and 5 MP f/2.4 color filter camera.
The device is grounded on Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC coupled with 6, 8, or 12 GB of RAM and comes with UFS 3.0 128 GB and 256 GB storages. All this is backed by a 4300 mAh battery which can be charged with 30W fast charging.
What is Bootloader?
In general, Bootloader is a code that exists in every OS in order to start or run any device. A bootloader is generally a set of instructions package to launch the OS after the device is turned on. Take any gadget which runs any operating system, it will have a bootloader. Android is an open-source operating system developed and maintained by Google, but every manufacturer out there has a bootloader of their own.
As you would already know, bootloaders usually come locked. If you plan on flashing a custom mod, ROM, or any custom file for that matter, then you will have to unlock the bootloader. So, just like any Android device, OnePlus 8 also comes with a locked bootloader. In order to unlock the bootloader of OnePlus 8, you will have to follow the below-mentioned steps!
Pre-Requisites to Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus Nord
- The first step in unlocking the bootloader of any device includes installing the USB Drivers on your Windows, Mac, Linux devices.
- Before you start, make sure that the OnePlus Nord is charged at least 70%.
- Next up, Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers and tools and platform-tools on your Windows, Mac, Linux running PC’s
- Make sure you have enabled the USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking.
- Download Magisk Manager APK.
- Back up all the necessary files as Bootloader Unlock wipes internal storage.
Initial Steps on Phone
- Update the device to the latest build.
- Once done, go to settings then navigate to the system. Here select and open the system update and you will get an update here.
- After that, navigate to about phone and tap on the build number seven times to unlock Developer options
- Now, open developer options and allow OEM unlock option.
How to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 8 using Magisk
Unlock Bootloader of OnePlus 8
- Connect your OnePlus Nord to PC and allow the pop-up showed on display. Now, open platform-tools on PC and open CMD or PowerShell.
- Now, type ADB reboot bootloader.
- This will take you to the bootloader, here type fastboot OEM unlock.
- Reboot your device and set it up.
Replace the current boot image on your phone with the patched one
- Go to download folder and rename the boot image to patched_boot.img
- Copy this file to the computer.
- Connect your phone and type ADB reboot bootloader.
- On PowerShell or CMD type fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Reboot the device now and install the Magisk Manager application.
That is how to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 8 using Magisk. If this post helped you to Unlock Bootloader and Root OnePlus 8, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!