In this article, we ate sharing with you all How to Stop Amazon from Tracking you.
With the goal of offering the best to its customers and what they actually want to see, Amazon uses data analytics, thus keeping track on your activity, clicks, browsing history and similar stuff.
Based on the products you looked for and clicked on, Amazon sends you relatable ads which you might click. Ever your wishlist, orders, shopping list, etc are a great source of information about what you are interested in. So as to stop Amazon from stalking you, you can use the below solutions.
How to Stop Amazon from Tracking you
Below are the different ways using which you can stop Amazon from tracking you.
1. Make Amazon Profile Private
When you make your Amazon profile private, you will automatically hide Hide Wishlist, Shopping list, bio as well as the social links. For this, follow the below steps –
- Go to Amazon website.
- Then go to your Account section.
- Go to Ordering and Shipping Preferences.
- Then click on Edit your Profile.
- Go to Edit Privacy Settings and then click on ‘Hide all activity on your public profile.‘
- Now hit the Save button.
- Then, click on Back to Public Profile. Just do it.
- On the screen, you will see an option – See what others see. Click on it.
You are done here. You have successfully made your Amazon account private.
2. Hide Browsing History
Hiding your browsing history can be helpful in changing the types of ads you get. This happens as when you Hide your Browsing history, Amazon will not use that data for showing you ads.
- Go to Amazon > Your Account > Your Recommendations.
- Then go to Browsing history and select Manage history.
- Now from the menu that pops up, click on Remove all Items from View.
- Additionally, you can turn off the Browsing History toggle.
- Now go back to Your Account, scroll down and go to Advertising preferences.
- From the menu, choose – “Do Not Personalize Ads from Amazon for this Internet Browser” and click on Submit.
This was one way you can stop Amazon from tracking you.
3. Make Wishlist and other Lists Private
Making a wishlist and shopping list on Amazon will help you to stop Amazon from Tracking you.
- Go to your Amazon Profile and then head to a Shopping list or Wish List.
- Here, click on the More option present at the right and choose- Manage List.
- From the menu that appears on the screen, tap on Privacy.
- From the drop-down menu below, choose Private and save the changes.
That’s it. Now your Shopping lists are private!
4. Delete Alexa Voice Recordings
Whatever it is that you are using – an echo or Amazon’s personal assistant device, there are chances that your voice commands are being recorded. So if you want Alexa from keeping records or stop Amazon from Tracking you, follow the below steps –
- Open Amazon Alexa App. In case you don’t have it, download it from Google Play or the App Store.
- Sign in using the same ID as Alexa ID.
- Now Go to More > Settings.
- Then go to Alexa Privacy and click on the option of – Manage Your Alexa Data.
- Next, go to the Help Improve Alexa section and disable the toggle next to the “Use of Voice Recordings” and “Use Messages to Improve Transcriptions“.
- After that, go back and click on Review Voice History.
- Choose the desired time period from the Dare Range drop-down and select – “Delete All Recordings for All History.”
You are done here!
Also see –
- How to Report Hackers on COD Warzone (PC & PS4)
- How to Open ASPX File on Windows
- How to Add or Remove Credit Card from PS4
- How to Find or Track your Stolen Android Phone
I hope with the help of the above article, you all could easily Stop Amazon from Tracking you. In case you have stuck anywhere above, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.