Slack has now enabled users to set Custom Notification Schedule. In this article, we are sharing the easy method to set Custom Notification Schedule.
Due to worldwide lockdown and “Work-From-Home” situation prevailing everywhere, working virtually is the new normal. People have and are adapting themselves to these new conditions and apps like slack are helping them minimize the changes.
Slack is a collab hub which has successfully almost substituted emails in working so that it users can work with their office team seamlessly. It let’s you collaborate and work with your coworkers just like usual, but only Online.
The software has become even more popular in the recent months. And had made virtual working easier. However, not all the notifications that come on slack all the time are relevant to your work. Some of them might be actually useless but disturb you at times.
Especially for those working for long hours, Slack notifications that are not so useful, can disturb a lot. I can relate how annoying it would turn when you receive unworthy notifications in your leisure time.
However, here’s the good part. You can now deal with these annoying and irrelevant Slack notifications as Slack has now brought a new feature – Slack Custom Notification Schedule.
Using this amazing feature, you can one set the time and day on which you would want to receive Slack Notifications. So the other days that you don’t select, you will not be disturbed by any notifications.
How to Set Custom Notification Schedule in Slack
Here’s an easy method to Set Slack Custom Notification Schedule-
Set Custom Notification Schedule in Slack on Desktop/ Browser
- Open Slack Web App.
- Click on the Download arrow present at the top left corner beside your name.
- Click on the Pause Notification option.
- Then from the options that appear on the screen, choose Set Custom Notification Schedule.
- Now you will see a preference window where you can choose the day and time when you want to receive Slack notifications.
That’s it. That’s how easy it was to set Custom notification Schedule on slack.
Set Slack Custom Notification Schedule on Mobile app
If you use the mobile app of slack, follow the below method for customizing notifications –
- Open Slack app on mobile.
- Go to the You section present in the bottom bar.
- Tap on Notification > Notification Schedule.
- Choose the days and time when you want to receive notifications.
Also check – How to change margins in Google Docs
How to Pause Notifications on Slack?/ Enable DND on Slack?
- Tap on the You tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Do not disturb.
- Select a timeframe from the list, or tap Custom to set your own.
How to Turn off or adjust DND?
- Tap the You tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Now Tap on Do not disturb.
- Hit the Turn off or select a new time frame.
You are done here. With the new amazing customizing notifications feature on slack, it has become convenient to receive notifications without any hindrances on usual activities.
I hope that you have successfully set slack Custom notifications. In case you have any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.
Also see –
- Here’s how you can Unlock 1080p on YouTube without VPN
- How to Bring Back Paused Windows Update ?
- Download and install WiFi Study App for PC