Secure Nintendo Account with 2-Step Verification: Nintendo Switch is a video game console developed by Nintendo which is released worldwide back in 2017. Nintendo Switch is a hybrid console that can be used as a home console and portable console. Leaving that story aside, most of you are might not aware of how to secure Nintendo Account with 2-Step Verification. Well, the Switch can be used by many users.
Be it your friend or sibling, it is important that you secure your account to protect your data. Also, it is worth noting that, Nintendo has announced that thousands of Switch accounts were compromised with hackers getting away with account information easily. So, do you want to secure your Nintendo account? Well, then you are in the right place as in this post we are going to guide you through the process of securing your Nintendo account.
Pre-Requisites to Secure Nintendo Account with 2-Step Verification
- Nintendo Account
- Internet Connection
- Smartphone or any media device
- Access to registered email address.
- Google Authenticator for Android | Google Authenticator for iOS
How to Secure Nintendo Account with 2-Step Verification
- On your smartphone, open any browser of your choice and visit Nintendo’s website.
- First this you will have to do here is to log in with your account. Make sure that you are logging in to the same account used on your switch.
- Here, you will have to select sign-in and security settings.
- Now you will have to scroll down and find 2 Step Verification and click on edit.
- Once done, click on the 2-Step verification setup button and check your email.
- Once cross-checked, click on the On submit button and now install Google Authenticator on your device.
- On your phone, open Google Authenticator and scan the code.
- Enter the given verification code on under the assigned field and click on submit.
- You can copy and save all these codes for the future.
- Also Read: How to Fix the Division 2 Update Issue
If this post helped you to Secure Nintendo Account with 2-Step Verification, show us some love by sharing this article with your friends and family to whom this post can be useful. Now that you have done that, it is time for me to bid you adieu. For more posts like this, stay tuned with us! Until next time, Stay Techy!
Android Jungles’ Editor Tarun Tej is a Bangalore-based writer and journalist whose work has appeared in True-Tech, DroidJournal, DroidViews, and various other online publications. An avid photographer, music-lover, and film-buff. He finds ultimate joy when writing about the latest tech and geek stuff. His interests are ranging from anything to do with mobiles, cameras, and any gadget for that matter.