December 27 Update – The One UI 2.0 Android 10 Beta 5 Update is now rolling out in South Korea for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. This update comes with the build version – N960FXXU4ZSLC. As for the changelog, this update is just a hotfix that comes with the error fix for quick panel ion display and bug fixes for the S-pass and S-Pay fingerprint authentication error. Here are the links to download the OTA Update.
When it comes to timely updates, Samsung is one of the best OEMs that come to our minds. After releasing the stable One UI 2.0 custom skin which is based on Android 10 for its flagship devices – S10 and Note 10 series, Samsung is now also conducting beta programs for the Galaxy S9 devices.
Just recently, Samsung released the 2nd iteration of the Android 10 Beta program for the Unlocked US variants of Samsung Galaxy S9 device and now Samsung has released the Android 10 Beta 4 program for the Samsung Galaxy S9 Note which comes with a build version – N960FXXU4ZSLB.
This Hotfix update is particularly dedicated to the SPen. The only issue addressed by this Hotfix update is that of the SPen which is going through a vital OCR error also known as ‘SPen translation not available’. Considering this, of course, the size of this update does not exceed 200 MB.
As per the roadmap, the new year’s gift in the form of a stable Android 10 update for Samsung Galaxy S9 and Note 9, will arrive in the coming month. Till then you can either spend a few last days with the Android Pie or you can download the Android 10 beta update and update your device to the 4th beta Android 10 program.
Download Android 10 Beta 5 Update for Samsung Galaxy S9 Note
This update is currently rolling out in South Korea. When the OTA Update link is available globally, it will be posted here.
Download One UI 2.0 Android 10 Beta 5 for Galaxy Note 9 (Exynos)
Download Android 10 Beta 4 Hotfix Update for Samsung Galaxy S9 Note
Here is a link to download the Beta 4 Android 10 Update for Samsung Galaxy S9 Note for the Exynos variants in the area where the update is live.
Exynos Galaxy Note 9 Android 10 beta 4
How to Update Galaxy S9 Note to Android 10 Beta 4?
The most simple way of updating your Samsung Galaxy device to an available update is by using the Samsung Members App. But if you belong to a region where the update is not yet available, you can simply download the above-mentioned OTA Zip file and then install it on your Galaxy S9 Note using any of the below method –
- Take a note that your device is an Exynos S9/S9+ variant.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on Windows, Mac OS, Linux or Chrome OS.
Stock Recovery Method (OTA update zip installation)
- Firsty, you should have a Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. In case you are using the ASII Software version on your device then you do not have to follow this step.
- Download ASII ZSJ8 OTA update zip from above. Then Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Do not forget to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card. Now reboot the Samsung Galaxy S9 series device into Recovery Mode.
- To do so, simply turn off your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up + Bixby buttons altogether.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (ASII -> ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now begin. It may take some while just be patient until then. Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
Use the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
In case you do not have an SD card option, you can use the ADB Sideload method which has been described below.
ADB Sideload Method
Follow the step number from 1 to 3 and then choose ‘Apply Update from ADB’ in the fourth step.
- Now that you have followed steps 1 to 3 from the above method, we will get to the next part.
- Connect your Android device to the PC and open a terminal window or command prompt on it where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, just type cmd on the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Go to Device Recovery and choose ‘Apply Updates from ADB.
- Navigate to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – Just remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’, and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
“./adb sideload <filename>.zip’
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the upgrade is completed.
- Lastly, just reboot your device.
I hope the article was useful and that you have successfully updated your Galaxy S9 Note devices with the help of above methods.
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!