Hey Folks, Are you looking for Guide to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e? If the answer is yes then you have landed on the right guide. Finally, the Unofficial Build of TWRP Recovery is available for Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e.
The best thing about this TWRP Recovery is it has been Pre Installed with magisk. Which means when you install TWRP Unofficial build, your Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e will be rooted.
Samsung is one of the top smartphones manufactures and also well known for it’s Galaxy S Flashship devices. This year, the company brought us the amazing Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e. S10e is widely appreciated.
- Rooting the Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e will trip the KNOX. Rooting, Flashing TWRP Recovery will void the Smartphone’s warranty.
- You will no longer be able to receive OTA Updated from Samsung.
- The Unofficial TWRP Recovery build is not bug-free. But It does the job very well.
Supported Variants and Models
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Compatible: Exynos variants with model number SM-G973F/DS are supported.
- Not Compatible: Snapdragon variants with model number SM-G973U and SM-G973W are not supported.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Compatible: Exynos variants with model number SM-G975F/DS are supported.
- Not Compatible: Snapdragon variants with model number SM-G975U and SM-G975W are not supported.
- Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Compatible: Exynos variants with model number SM-G970F/DS are supported.
- Not Compatible: Snapdragon variants with model number SM-G970U and SM-G970W are not supported.
Before starting the rooting your Samsung Galaxy S10, you’ll have to make sure that you follow all requirements which are given below.
- Bootloader should have an Unlocked on your Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e.
- Make sure the Phone has at least 70% battery before you start the process. This will help avoid any sudden
- Take a Complete backup of all your data on the Smartphone.
- Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers on the Computer.
- Download the Latest version Odin from the Download Section.
- Make sure OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging have been enabled on your Phone.
- Samsung Odin tool: Download
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S10: Download
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S10e: Download
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy S10+: Download
- Encryption disabler: Download
Enable Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlock settings
In this section, you will be able to learn how to Enable Developer Options and Enable OEM Unlock Settings on Galaxy S10/S10+/S10e. To Do that go to Settings –> About Phone –> Software Information and tap 7 times on the “Build Number” to Enable Developer Options.
After that, you need to remove all Samsung and Google Account from the Smartphone.
Now, go back to the settings main menu and tap on ‘Developer Options’. Once you are in Developer options scroll down until you find the ‘OEM Unlock’ toggle. Simply Turn it ON.
If you don’t find the option on your Device, that means your device has entered a 7-day buffer period. after 7 days, the option will be available. if it doesn’t then you can’t root your phone.
Let’s begin the guide to root Samsung Galaxy S10 and Galaxy S10 Plus and Install TWRP Recovery. the Section below will help you through the process in detail.
Root And Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e
Once you have downloaded the required files from above, you are ready to install TWRP on Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and Galaxy S10e. You need to follow the steps given below.
- Download Odin and extract the zip on your computer.
- Download TWRP recovery for Samsung Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 Plus, and S10e from download section above.
- Now, reboot your Galaxy phone into Recovery mode. to Do that,
- Turn it Off then Press and Hold Bixby + Volume Up + Power key.
- Next step is Factory reset the phone from stock recovery.
- Now, boot your device into the Download Mode. in order to do that, turn it off and Press and hold Bixby + Volume Down button together to turn on the phone. then leave the keys once you see a notification on the screen then press Volume Up to boot into download mode.
- Connect your Device to the Pc and launch the Odin on your PC.
- Now, ID: COM port on the Odin tool should change in blue if your device is detected. if not, then check cable isn’t loose or The USB Drivers have installed Correctly.
- Now, Click on the AP button on the Odin tool and select the TWRP recovery build which you have downloaded earlier.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are unchecked under the Options Tab.
- Now, hit the start button to begin the Installation process. A PASS! notification will be displayed once the installation is completed.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode.
- To Exit from the download mode press and hold Power + Volume Down for few seconds.
- Once the phone turns off, Press and Hold Bixby + Volume Up + Power Button to boot into Recovery mode.
- Once you’re in TWRP recovery, Select Install and then Select the Encryption disabler.zip file.
- Swipe at the bottom to install the zip file.
- Now go to Reboot and select Recovery to recovery for boot rooted with magisk.
You have Successfully Rooted and Installed TWRP recovery on Galaxy S10, S10 Plus, and S10e. Now you can enjoy flashing custom ROMs and kernel.
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!