Redmi Note 6 Pro is one of the successor to the very famous Redmi Note 5/ Note 5 Pro of 2018. However, the former did not consist anything much different and the internals were somewhat similar. It was merely a display of the inclusion in Notch Bandwagon. This device originally consisted of Android 8.1 Oreo but later in the month of May, was bumped into Android 9 P through a MIUI 10.2 Update.
However, this update, along with the Android P, brought with itself, a number of glitches and bugs that had to be fixed soon for better user experience. And hence, Xiaomi released another major MIUI 10.3 OTA Update at the end of June. This update is now live for Redmi Note 6 Pro update and brings lock screen clock, Bug fixes for Contacts and notification shade and media volume that could not be restored.
Here is what the MIUI 10.3 based OTA Update has got for the Redmi Note 6 Pro users –
- Increased Security System along with the June Security Patch.
- New Customizable Lock Screen Clock that does not work with third party themes.
- The fix for Media volume that could not be restored after getting a notification.
- Using Fingerprint to open Home screen when the device has been unlocked using Face data.
- There has been an optimization in sorting principles for WiFi networks along with improvised syncing across various devices of the Mi Cloud.
That is not just all. There is more for the gossips. The Global variant of MI MIX 2S is getting the June Security Patch. In the early days of June, the device got May Security Patch that brought Half-baked Dark mode along with Lock screen Clock and now the June Security Patch has involved –
- Updated and Increased System Security.
- Lock Screen Pocket Mode.
- Notification Shade.
- Lock Screen.
- Status bar.
- The fix for the screen not lighting up always on receiving notifications.
Hold on! You do not have to keep waiting now to get the Security updates as you can download it directly from the Xiaomi Firmware Update site.
Download Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 10.3.5.0 OTA Update
Download – Link
Download MI MIX 2S MIUI 10.3.4.0 OTA Update
Download – Link
Once you have downloaded the update pack as per the device you use, you can then flash it on your device with the help of In-built System Updater. All you need to do is tap on the ’10’ Logo for a few times and then the flashing will be unlocked.
Stay tuned for more such updates!
Happy Androiding 🙂