OnePlus 7 Pro 5G is the first-ever 5G smartphone from OnePlus. Users will be glad to hear that this OnePlus flagship phone is now receiving the latest Android 10 OTA Update which is based on Oxygen OS 10. 2019 experienced the launch of OnePlus 7 Pro 5G and in no time it became popular among a number of countries. Users have been waiting for the latest Android 10 to hit their OP 7 Pro 5G for long now. Finally, the wait is over.
The Android 10 OTA Update has already been rolled out and just like any other OTA Update, it will be rolled in patches. So you might receive this update sooner or later. But if you are not patient enough to wait for this update to officially come to your device, you can anytime download the Oneplus 7 Pro 5G Android 10 OTA Update from the links given below and then install it using the installation guide mentioned below.
Changelog of Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
Given below is what the changelog of Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G looks like –
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
Download Android 10 OTA for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G
Given below are the links to download the latest Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. This latest Android 10 Update is based on Oxygen OS 10 Update. The OnePlus 7 Pro 5G phones have started receiving the Android 10 Update. You can go to the Settings> System Updates> Check for OTA Updates. Click on the update if it is available.
However, if your OP 7 Pro 5G device has not yet received the update and you are eagerly waiting for it, or want it ASAP, here is the complete download link to download this update –
Update OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10
You can make use of any of the below three methods to install the Android 10 OTA Update on your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G. The easiest would be the Local Upgrade method if you have not received the notification of the update on your device yet. Before installing the Android 10 OTA Update on OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, here are some measures that you will have to follow –
- Whatever the out-of-the-box method you are doing on your device, it is always better to stay a step ahead and secure. Data on your device could be very important to you and you might not want to lose it while updating your device to make it perform better. although the risk of losing data is very less while updating device software prevention is always better than cure. so, first of all, make sure to have a complete backup of your device data.
- When you are updating your device is it is essential that the process is completed in one go. If there are any hindrances, you will have to repeat the complete procedure right from scratch. For this, a Good Internet or WiFi connection is needed. You do not want to download the update with a slow internet connection.
- Again, you do not want to stop the updating process in between and then repeat everything once again. So make sure that you have at least 50% of the charging of your battery to keep the process going on smoothly.
- Your OnePlus 7 Pro 6G device should have at least 3GB of storage.
- Download the OxygenOS 10 OTA Update beta build from the links mentioned above as per your device.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools, or you can also go for Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
Here are the three methods you can try to manually update your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to the latest Android 10 Update –
#1. Local Upgrade Method
This would be the simplest method to update your OnePlus device to the latest version. All you need to have is a full stock firmware zip file of the latest update. The best part about this method is that it does not harm your phone data. But precaution is better than cure. So make sure you have taken a complete device backup.
- To begin with, download the latest Android 10 OTA Update full stock firmware zip from the links mentioned above.
- Transfer the above update ROM file to the internal storage or device storage.
- Now put the zip file outside every folder.
- Then navigate to Settings app> System updates> tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- Now the Local Upgrade option will look for an upgrade package.
- When you see an upgrade package, click on it and then on the install option.
That is it. That’s how easy it was to update your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G to the latest Android 10 using the Local Upgrade Method.
#2. Stock Recovery Method
- Download Android 10 OxygenOS 10 OTA update for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G from above.
- Now Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Reboot your OnePlus device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (BSI4-to-ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now start. It might take a while so be patient until then.
- Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
- Enter the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
Do not miss – Samsung Game Plugins APK Download
#3. ADB Sideload Method
- Download OxygenOS 10 based on Android 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Device.
- Then Rename the file as as
update.zipand move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your OnePlus 7 Pro 5g into Recovery Mode. For this, Switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Open the Command prompt or terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now navigate to the Device Recovery & then select ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device. The Update will be installed on your device.
I hope the article was useful and I assume you have by now downloaded the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update on your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G device. For any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.
More on OnePlus –
- OnePlus 6T T-mobile variant gets Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10 OTA Update in US
- Download OnePlus 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Latest OTA Update
- Download Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1 OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
- OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile Variant gets OxygenOS 10.0.1 Android 10 OTA Update
- Download latest Stable OxygenOS 10.3.2 OTA Update for OnePlus 6 and 6T
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!