The previous month the Android world experienced the launch of the latest Flagship devices from OnePlus – the OnePlus 7T and OnePlus 7T Pro. Both these devices met the level of expectation with Android 10 out of the box along with the latest Oxygen OS 10 Firmware based on it.
This firmware is quite a stable one and hence the users did not get as many updates. The only requirement they have is the monthly security update which has now arrived as the Oxygen OS 10.0.5 OTA Update for OnePlus 7T. This update does not really include many changes but comes with only a few System Improvements.
In this article, we are sharing with you all the links to download the latest OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA Update for OnePlus 7T along with the installation methods.
What’s new in the Oxygen OS 10.0.5 OTA Update for OnePlus 7T?
The changelog does not constitute much. Here are a few improvements in the System of the device –
- Fixed the double-tap gesture for screen activation.
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10.
- Improved system stability and General bug fixes.
Download Oxygen OS 10.0.5 for OnePlus 7T
The OTA Update links have been publicized by the Manufacturer on the servers. The update can be received in two ways. One is OTA Update and the other by manually updating your device using the full stock firmware zips.
If you want to update using the OTA Update, you can go to the Settings> System Updates> Check for Update> Install if any update is available. Or else, you can always download the below full stock firmware zip files and then install it using any of the below mentioned installation guides.
Just note that This update is for HD65AA variants as-
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter I in filename is for the variant: HD1901: India
- Packages with build tag HD65AA and letter O in filename is for the variant: HD1905: Global
- Packages with build tag HD65BA is for the variant: HD1903: EU
Oxygen OS 10.0.5 for OnePlus 7T –
Update OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA Update for OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro
Given below is a complete guide with three different methods that one can use to upgrade their OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro to the latest OxygenOS 10.0.5. But before that, here are some requirements that you will have to meet first.
- OnePlus 7T or OnePlus 7T Pro.
- Make sure to have a complete backup of your device data.
- Good Internet or WiFi connection.
- Make sure to have at least half of the charging of your battery.
- A device that has at least 3GB of storage.
- Download the OTA Update beta build from the links mentioned above as per your device.
- Enable OEM Unlock, and USB Debugging from Developer Options on your device just in case. To do so, go to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB Debugging from there.
- Install Android SDK Platform Tools, or you can also go for Minimal ADB and Fastboot Tools.
Method 1. Local Upgrade Method
- Download the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.5 full stock firmware zip from the links mentioned above.
- Transfer the above ROM file to the internal storage of your device.
- Put the zip file outside every folder.
- Go to the Settings app> System updates> Tap on the top right settings icon > choose Local Upgrade option.
- The Local Upgrade option will search for an upgrade package.
- If you see an upgrade package, click on it and then press the install option.
- Now the installation process will begin.
- Your device will then automatically reboot. Note that the first reboot might take some time.
Method 2. ADB Sideload Method
- Download OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA Update for OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro.
- Then Rename the file as as
update.zipand move it to the PC or whichever system you are using, i.e., Mac or Linux.
- Keep in mind to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Boot your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro into Recovery Mode. For this, Switch off your device and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up buttons together.
- Connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- Open the Command prompt or terminal window where you have installed the OTA Zip. For this, type cmd in the search bar and then press the Enter key.
- Now navigate to the Device Recovery & then select ‘Apply Updates from ADB.’
- Go to the location where you have saved the OTA Zip file on the PC. Now flash the OTA by entering the below command – remember to put the actual filename in-between ‘< >’ and also the exact name with its proper extension. Do not use ‘< >’ in the actual command.
adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Mac users –
./adb sideload <filename>.zip
For Linux –
“Sudo ADB sideload <filename>.zip”
- Confirm your action and wait until the update is finished.
- Reboot your device. The Update will be installed on your device.
Method 3. Stock Recovery
- Download OxygenOS 10.0.5 OTA update zip from above.
- Now Rename it as
update.zipand move this file to the PC or whichever system you are using i.e. Mac or Linux.
- Make sure to have a copy of this update zip on the storage of your device or SD Card.
- Reboot the OnePlus 7 series device into Recovery Mode. For this, simply turn of your device completely and then press and hold down the Power + Volume Up.
- Once you have entered the stock recovery mode, make use of the volume buttons to navigate and choose – “apply update from SD card“.
- Go to the update zip file (BSI4-to-ZSJ8 ) in the SD card and press the power button to choose it.
- The Update will now start. It might take a while so be patient until then.
- Now that you have finished the step, repeat the same for the further OTA Updates like beta 2, beta 3, and more
- Enter the below command to reboot into Recovery Mode –
adb reboot recovery
That is it. You are done here! You have successfully updated your OnePlus 7T and 7T Pro to the latest Oxygen OS 10.0.5 OTA Update.
You do not want to miss –
- Download Stable Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6
- Download OxygenOS Open Beta 4 for OnePlus 7 & 7 Pro with System Updates
- OxygenOS 10.0.4 OTA Update Download for OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro
- Android 10 Update based on OxygenOS 10 announced for T-Mobile OnePlus 7 Pro & Oneplus 6T
I assume that the article was of use. In case you have any doubts with regards to the above steps or update guide, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you out.