Download and install Stock firmware for Oppo Phone: In this article, we have mentioned for you the download files and method to install the firmware file. We have also provided for you a step by step guide on how to flash your device using the flashing firmware file. Keep reading further for more.
At situations when you have rooted your device or installed Custom ROMs on it, later on, you realize that your phone was better off without the rooting and other stuff. Or else, a common problem most of us face is that we root our phone and then if we get an update of the device, we wish to go back to what the phone was when came from the manufacturer.
In certain cases, you will need to stock the firmware of your device the most. Yes, the phone bricked case! This nightmare if came true can lead you in no time to flash your device. When your phone is bricked, it will not respond to any senses and will also not boot properly or may even get stuck in the boot loop. Problems like this can be very annoying.
For such unwanted situations, you can make use of a special set of files called the Stock firmware flash files that help you with going back to your device settings as it came to you at the first place. And that is what’s going to be our topic for today.
What is ROM?
ROM is the abbreviation used for Read Only Memory. It is operating system software that is responsible to run your Android device. It is a part of the hardware on your android smartphone or tablet. Android comes as two forms in ROM: 1. Stock ROM and 2. Custom ROM.
What is a Stock ROM?
A Stock Firmware file is the operating system in its default form, without any modifications made to it except for any device particular support needed to run it on that specific device. This firmware provides a standard user experience of the OS without any functional changes made to it.
In other words, it is an official software designed by the manufacturer for a specific device. Firmware is programming which is written to a non-volatile memory of a hardware device. It is added at the time of manufacturing. In simpler words, it can be called a software that allows the hardware to run.
Stock firmware is mostly chosen over the Custom firmware since they undergo a number of testing phases and ensure the user better security, bug-free package and stability as well before deployment or release.
Some Features of Oppo Realme C1:
- The Oppo Realme C1 was launched on September 2018.
- The display type for this device is IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with 16M colors and a size of 6.2 inches.
- The resolution is of 720× 1520 pixels and 19:9 ratio. It is a multi-touch screen.
- The OS is Android 8.1 Oreo with Qualcomm SDM450 Snapdragon 450 Chipset.
- The CPU being Octa-core 1.8 GHz Cortex-A53 and Adreno 506 GPU.
- There is a micro SD Card slot with up to 256 GB and an internal memory of 16 GB and 2 GB RAM.
- The dual camera comes with 13 MP and has LED Flash, HDR, Panorama.
- The battery is non-removable with Li-Ion mAh Battery and the price being about 7000 INR.
Download Oppo Phone Stock Firmware Flash File:
DOWNLOAD OPPO PHONE STOCK FIRMWARE FLASH FILE
Note: Do make sure that you have taken a back up of all the personal data on your Oppo Phone since this process may cause a data loss at times. It would be better to take a precaution. Your personal data will be deleted after flashing the stock firmware.
Pre- Requisite to install the Stock Firmware flash file on your Oppo Phone:
- Laptop or PC.
- MSM Download Tool: Download MSM DOwnload Tool and Extract it.
- This guide is only for Oppo device. Follow this guide with utmost attention since there are chances you may end up bricking your phone if you make a mistake.
- Make sure you take a Back up of your device data.
- Install the Oppo USB Driver.
- Charge your device fully. Check to have at least 70% of the charging on your Oppo Phone or it may cause hindrance at the time of flashing process.
How Flash Stock Firmware file on your Oppo Phone:
Method 1: Install Via SDM Download Tool
Step 1: Download the file required above and extract it on your PC.
Step 2: In the folder that you just extracted, run the file with the name- MSMDownloadTool.exe as the administrator.
Step 3: Once the screen displays, then turn off your device.
Step 4: Now connect your device to PC with the help of USB Cables by pressing the VOLUME UP Button simultaneously.
Step 5: In the MSMDownload Tool screen, you will have to load firmware.
Step 6: Click on Start All option to upgrade your device.
Step 7: Disconnect Your device and PC when the installing is finished.
Step 8: You can now switch your device ON to experience the flashing you performed on your Oppo Phone.
Benefits of Stock ROM:
- Pre-installed apps: The Android devices, in general, with Stock ROMs come with a number of pre-installed Apps. These could be as- Music Players, Live Wallpapers, App Stores, Calendar, Clock, etc. However, some apps can cause to be bloatware since they are not of much use to the users.
- Upgrade or Downgrade Oppo Phone: When you have rooted your device, you do not get to update it and this may turn annoying. However, you can flash stock firmware on your device to upgrade or downgrade Oppo Phone.
- No Custom ROM Virus: While you have installed the Custom ROM, there are chances that the developer of that Custom ROM has injected some harmful malware or virus into it. This does not really cause a lot of damage to your device but you may end up in your private information stolen. You can also come across annoying irrelevant and constant ads. However, with the Stock ROM on your device, you do not have to face such issues anymore.
- Keep the Warranty: Rooting is considered to be a threat to the warranty terms and conditions of the Smartphone by most of the manufacturers all around the globe. At times, if the manufacturer of your device cancels the warranty of your device, it is preferable to have stock ROM on your device since it does not void the warranty by any means.
- Custom ROM Lagging issues solved: One of the major issues that users face a lot in Custom ROM is the lagging problem. Due to some sort of dysfunction, the Custom ROM turns out to be unsupported to your device and hence the Oppo Phone lags often. But when you flash your device, you can get rid of this problem.
- Others: You can Unroot your Oppo Phone using the Oppo the Stock ROM. You can also make use of Stock ROM firmware flash file on your Oppo Phone in case you already had installed Custom ROM and it was causing lagging issues on your device. You can solve a number of software problems by flashing the stock firmware on your device.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
Since Stock ROM is an end product of a number of a number of research, study, and experiments, there comes a good amount of advantage of the Stock firmware. Some of them are as below:
- The stock ROM firmware is usually stable upon its release.
- The updates are pushed by itself to the device by the carrier.
- Nearly all the bugs are patched at the time of extensive beta testing before release.
- The Stock ROM carries the official support by the firmware vendor device manufacturer and the mobile service carrier.
Disadvantages of Stock ROM:
As everything has its own advantages, there come disadvantages as well. Here are some you should have a look at:
- The updates are not as frequent as the development is done most of the times by corporations who have to follow a scheduled release cycle. Also, the Updates are mostly released first in the United States and then in the rest of the World.
- The official help process may seem to be quite hassled oriented and time-consuming.
- You cannot send any sort of feedback to the manufacturer if you come across any issues or want some help in the process.
- When the manufacturers decide to not release official updates for their older device in the favor of new ones, their users get stuck with the old operating system version. This happens with most of the Andriod device users.
- In case the device manufacturer and the developer of the Android operating system are different, then any of the updates released by the developer of an operating system has to be edited by the device manufacturer or mobile carrier for adding compatibility and additional software before the release. And this results in a delayed update which gets delayed by months.
- A number of Operating system developers, device manufacturers or mobile service carriers put limitations in the stock firmware ranging from locking the use of the device with one network or region to disabling the side loading of apps not available in the official app market, to advanced restrictions that remove any chance to get root access.
This was all about flashing the stock firmware on your Oppo Phone. For more such articles, keep visiting our Page- Android Jungles. Or you can also subscribe to our Newsletter so as to receive timely notifications of our posts and not miss on any update of the technology world.
I hope you guys have found our article on Installing Oppo Stock ROM Firmware flash file fruitful. If you have any queries on the processes mentioned above or think that we might have missed something, you can let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you.