There’s hardly a competitor to OnePlus when it comes to frequent updates for its devices. Oneplus has always considered updating all of their devices to the latest version possible. Take for example the Oxygen OS 9.0.10 for OnePlus 5 or the Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10.3.1 OTA update for OnePlus 6 and 6T which initially was paused and then a hotfix update was rolled out for the same.
Recently even the OnePlus 7 Series devices received the Oxygen OS 10.3.1 Latest OTA Update and now we have the Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10 OTA Update for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T in the USA. Here is all that you need to know about this latest update –
Changelog of Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10 OTA Update for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T
With the latest Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10 for OnePlus 6T T-Mobile, you get the December 2019 Security Patch Level, Improved System stability and bug fixes along with all the Android 10 goodies as below –
Android 10 goodies –
- live caption
- smart reply
- sound amplifier
- gesture navigation
- dark mode
- privacy controls
- location controls
- focus mode
- family link
- the added bottom navigation bar to switch left or right for recent apps.
One of the major changes of this update is the “UE-B AGNSS only” mode for UMTS and LTE. Here is what the Oxygen OS 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6T T-Mobile looks like –
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
How to Update Oneplus 6T T-Mobile variant to Android 10?
The Oxygen OS 10 based Android 10 Update is currently not available in full firmware format. Stay tuned with us for getting the update. However, you can anytime follow the below Method 1 to download and install the update on your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T directly.
- Just note that every update especially an OTA update is specific to a device. it is simply meant only for better functioning of that device. So if an OTA update comes for a certain device, in this case, T-Mobile OnePlus 6T, do not try to install it on any other device even if it is a OnePlus device. Follow the below procedure only on a OnePlus 6T or you might end up damaging your device.
- Having an ample amount of battery power is always so crucial. If you cant go to your college or office without getting your phone charges enough, how can you not be prepared with enough battery percentage to install an OTA update that will change your device is some or the other way? Make sure to have a battery percentage of at least 60%.
- Although device data is hardly lost while installing an OTA update, it is always better to have a complete backup of your device data before indulging in any system-related procedures like Rooting, Flashing, etc.
Do not miss to see – Root OnePlus 6/6T using Magisk (Without TWRP)
Method 1. From Settings
- On your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T variant, go to Settings.
- Then go to the System Updates tab.
- Check for the latest updates.
- Click on the update to download it.
Method 2. Local Upgrade Method
Here’s a short guide one can use to install the latest OOS 10 OTA update on OnePlus 6T –
- Assuming you have downloaded the above Oxygen OS 10 OTA update, transfer or copy that update zip file to the root directory of the internal storage of your OnePlus 6T device.
- Now go to the Settings app.
- Go to the bottom of the screen until you find the System Update option. Tap on it.
- Now, look at the top right so you can click on the Gear icon.
- Then tap on the Local Upgrade option
- Locate and tap on the latest Oxygen OS 10 OTA update file in the list.
- Tap on the option of Install Now.
- Be patient until the latest Oxygen OS 10 update is installed on your T-Mobile OnePlus 6T device.
- Lastly, tap on the Reboot option so as to finish installing the update.
That is it. you are done here. You have successfully installed the latest Oxygen OS 10 OTA update on your T-mobile OnePlus 6T device.
More on OnePlus –
- OnePlus 8 to come with 2K OLED Display and 120Hz refresh rate
- OnePlus 7 Pro T-Mobile Variant gets OxygenOS 10.0.1 Android 10 OTA Update
- Download Stable Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 OTA Update for OnePlus 6
- OxygenOS 10.0.4 OTA Update Download for OnePlus 7T & 7T Pro
That was it all about the latest Android 10 based Oxygen OS 10 Update for T-Mobile OnePlus 6T. I hope you guys have found the article of use. Do let us know your views about this latest update in the comment section below.