Last month, Nokia rolled out Android 10 Stable OTA Update for Nokia 7.2. After a few weeks, some of the Nokia 7.2 Dual SIM devices like TA-1196 or TA-1193, started experiencing Nokia 7.2 SIM Deactivated error.
Also see – Battlefield V Chapter 6 Update 6.6 live now
In this article, we are going to talk about this Nokia 7.2 SIM Deactivated error and how it can be fixed.
What is Nokia 7.2 SIM Deactivated error?
After the previous Android 10 Update, Nokia 7.2 Users speculated an error that resulted in SIM 1 or SIM 2 disabled or deactivated when inserted in the device.
This has been happening for some Nokia 7.2 Dual SIM devices like the TA-1196 or TA-1193. These devices are not starting correctly now. The Single SIM Devices, on the other hand, stay unaffected.
Do not miss – Download MIUI 12 20.5.11 update for Xiaomi phones
How to fix Nokia 7.2 SIM 2 Deactivated error after Android 10
Now that we know the issues here are two different ways you can follow to solve the Nokia SIM 2 Disabled error.
Method 1. To discard deactivated SIM
The first method can be used to fix Nokia SIM 2 Deactivated error by removing the Deactivated SIM. Here’s how you can do so –
- Switch off Nokia 7.2 device.
- Remove Disabled SIM.
- Power On the device.
This should solve the problem. However, if you wish to use both the SIM cards on your Nokia 7.2 Dual SIM, here is what you can do –
Method 2. Retain Both SIM Cards
- Switch off the Nokia 7.2 (or if it is in recovery mode, “Try again”)
- Make sure that you have inserted both SIM1 and SIM2 cards.
- Power up the device (Note – For the users with Roaming SIM card who not want data Roaming enabled – Please go to “Settings” > “Network & Internet” > “Mobile Network” > Mobile network [SIM name] > [SIM name] and check that Roaming is set to Disabled)
- Go to “Settings” > “Network & Internet” > “SIM cards”, and activate any deactivated SIM card.
You are done here. You might need to try a couple of times and wait for a few minutes for connection. If even after several minutes, you do not see successful connection to the network, then you can restart the device. This should help.
Nokia has assured that a new Android 10 build will be soon released to help the affected users with this issue.
Stay tuned with us for more such updates.
Stay Home, Stay Safe.