If you are looking for ways to Local Upgrade for OnePlus 8 Pro rooted users, here is a complete guide to help you out. OnePlus 8 Pro is the 2020 Flagship device from OnePlus that came with Android 10 and Oxygen OS 10 out of the box. The device is powered by Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 chipset.
Also check out – Root OnePlus 8 Pro without TWRP Recovery
When you root OnePlus 8 Pro, you expose yourself at a risk of losing OTA Updates. With increasing security from OEMs it becomes difficult for rooted users to get OTA updates using Local Upgrade options. However, with the help of the below article, you will be able to local Upgrade for OnePlus 8 Pro Rooted users. So what are you still waiting for? Follow the guide below!
Dont miss – Unbrick OnePlus 8 pro using MSM Download tool
Local upgrade for OnePlus 8 Pro Rooted users
Note – Don’t forget to take a complete backup of your device data.
- Disable or uninstall all Magisk modules and Overlays (Substratum etc). This is an important step. If you don’t do so, you might end up in a bootloop.
- Download the complete version of the ROM. Check if it’s the correct version for your device and region.
- Now move the downloaded file to the internal storage.
- Go to the system update app under Settings> System> System Updates.
- Now choose the cog icon at the top left and select Local Upgrade.
- Select the file you have downloaded and let the device update.
- Dont reboot your device.
- Open Magisk Manager and select Install.
- Choose Install and on the next dialog box, choose Install to Inactive Slot.
- Lastly, Reboot once Magisk is installed.
Hope the article helped!
Also see –
- Download Paranoid Android Quartz 2 for OnePlus phones
- OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro receive Open Beta 13; device unlock bug fixed hopefully
- Download Oneplus 8 Launcher, Wallpapers and Oxygen and Hydrogen Icon Packs
- Download and Install Android 11 R Developer Preview for OnePlus 6 and 6T