Download Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie:- Recently Google has officially released the Android 9.0 Pie for Pixel devices. With time, other phone manufacturers like OnePlus, Samsung, Huawei, Sony, and so on have also introduced Android 9.0 Pie OS to their devices. Hence, the Custom ROM developers have also initiated updating their treasuries to the Android 9 Pie OS. The Lineage OS ROMs are being updated to the official 16 version. This latest Lineage OS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie is now available for most of the devices out there.
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is the one from the list of the most reliable and popular custom ROMs available for Android devices. It has an active installation of about 2 million. The latest LineageOS 16 has finally rolled out and it is the source making Android 9.0 Pie available to a number of devices out there.
Here is a list of devices for which you can upgrade to LineageOS 16 based on Android 9.0 Pie from LineageOS 15.1 based on Android Oreo OS. Download the files as per your device and then upgrade it to the latest version of LineageOS through the step-by-step guide given below.
Read More: How to Root Android Phone Using Supersu Zip
List of devices to Upgrade to LineageOS 16.0 based on Android 9.0 Pie
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (G900AZ/F/M/R4/R7/T/V/W8,S902L) (klte) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Active (klteactivexx) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (G9006V/8V) (kltechn) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Duos (G9006W/8W) (kltechnduo) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE Duos (G900FD/MD) (klteduos) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (G900I/P) (kltedv) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (SCL23) (kltekdi) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE (G900K/L/S) (kltekor) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 WiFi (gts28vewifi) – Download here
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 WiFi (gts210vewifi) – Download here
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S (polaris) – Download here
- Xiaomi Mi Note 3 (jason) – Download here
- Xiaomi POCO F1 (beryllium) – Download here
- OnePlus One (bacon) – Download here
- OnePlus 2 (oneplus2) – Download here
- OnePlus 3/OnePlus 3T (oneplus3) – Download here
- OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) – Download here
- OnePlus 5T (dumpling) – Download here
- OPPO Find 7 (find7) – Download here
- Google Nexus 6 (shamu) – Download here
- Lenovo ZUK Z1 (ham) – Download here
- Motorola Moto X4 (payton) – Download here
- Motorola Moto Z (griffin) – Download here
- Motorola Moto Z2 Force (nash) – Download here
Read More: How to Install Custom ROM on Android Phone
How to Upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie based Lineage OS 16 from Android Oreo-based Lineage OS 15.1?
Step 1:- To begin the upgrade to Android 9.0 based LineageOS 16, download update from the links given above according to your device. Download Magisk Latest version in case you want to root your device or if itas already rooted.
Step 2:- Download Gapps package from OpenGapps or from the package that your device manufacturer has recommended.
Step 3:- Now reboot your device into Recovery mode. Do not forget to have a backup of the device data just in case if something goes wrong.
Step 4:- Then flash the LineageOS 16 and the Magisk and Gapps packages as well.
Step 5:- Finally, restart the device.
That was it about the download and upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie Lineage OS 16 process. Hope you all found the article of use and I assume you have by now successfully upgraded to Android 9.0 based Lineage OS 16 from Android Oreo-based Lineage OS 15.1. In case of any sort of queries or questions, feel free to let us know in the comment section below.
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!