Recently Google released its latest Android 10 Q and it was rolled out on all the Google pixel phones along with Redmi K20 series. This most awaited update of the year brought some really useful features for the users that will enhance their Android experience. Along with this official release, there is one more thing released – AOSP 10 Source Code. Recently, the Android Xiaomi Mi A2 got the unofficial version of LineageOS 17.
And here we are sharing the download links as well as a method to install LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi A2. For those who do not know, Android 10 is the latest OS from Google that offers system UI Changes as well as some really cool features which we have mentioned below.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi A2 –
- Specifications of Xiaomi Mi A2 –
- Android 10 Features –
- What is LineageOS 17 Android 10 Q Build?
- Download & Install LineageOS 17 for your Xiaomi Mi A2 based on Android 10 Q
- The Xiaomi Mi A2 was launched on 2018, July
- It comes with a screen size of 5.99 inches
- It is powered by
- The screen type is LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- The selfie camera comes in 20 MP and the rear camera is of 12 MP, 20 MP
- The internal storage is with a RAM of 32GB 4GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM
- The battery is of Li-Po 3000 mAh.
Android 10 Features –
- System-wide dark mode
- focus mode
- family link
- faster security updates
- location control
- privacy control
- live caption
- smart reply
- Navigation gestures
- sound amplifier
- and so on.
What is LineageOS 17 Android 10 Q Build?
LineageOS is an open-source and free Custom ROM for Android phones. It offers the Android 10 features along with the Lineage Customization options that let the users to be more advanced.
The LineageOS 17 which is based on Android 10 Q is now available for download for Xiaomi Mi A2. In this article, we are sharing the download links to the ROM file along with the GApps zip file so that users can enjoy the LineageOS 17 on their Android Xiaomi Mi A2. Here we go –
We at www.androidjungles.com are not responsible for any sort of damage caused to your Xiaomi Mi A2 while performing the below guide. This article is for educational purpose only and we do not recommend the use of any Custom ROMs which might come with some bugs and/or stability issues. Perform it at your own peril.
Download & Install LineageOS 17 for your Xiaomi Mi A2 based on Android 10 Q
Here is a step-by-step short guide on how you can install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 Q for your Xiaomi Mi A2. But before that, here are some prerequisites and downloads that you will have to follow. Below that we have also mentioned the guide for those who are upgrading from the earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Take a complete backup of your Android Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Have a battery percentage of at least 50%.
- Download the essential files from the links given below.
Lineage OS 17 Download Link
Lineage OS 17 Lineage OS 17 Gapps
Install LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi A2 –
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed all the prerequisites, you can now begin the actual process by copying the TWRP image file, ROM Zip File as well as the GApps file to the internal storage of your Xiaomi Mi A2.
Step 2. Then reboot your Xiaomi Mi A2 and boot into the TWRP Recovery Mode.
Step 3. In the TWRP Menu, click on the option of Install and then go to Install image and choose TWRP image file from where you had copied it in the first step.
Step 4. Then swipe right to confirm the flashing process.
Step 5. Once again reboot to recovery mode.
Step 6. Go to the Wipe Cache and Data partition in the TWRP menu.
Step 7. Here, choose the option of ‘Select advanced Wipe‘ then ‘select data, system, vendor, cache. Finally Swipe to wipe.
Step 8. Now flash the ROM Zip file from the Install section.
Step 9. By default, the system will be already mounted, just uncheck it and remount system and vendor manually. Alongside, flash the GApps file too.
Step 10. Restart your Xiaomi Mi A2 and be patient as the procedure will take some time.
Upgrading from the earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi A2
- Copy the latest LineageOS 17 ROM Zip file for Xiaomi Mi A2 along with the GApps zip file or Magisk Root Package.
- Now boot into Recovery so as to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Then from the TWRP Recovery Menu, wipe the system partition.
- Then install the Updated LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi A2.
- Restart your Xiaomi Mi A2 and see if the GApps are available or not.
- In case you do not get the GApps even after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi A2, then simply flash the GApps.
- Now do a verification for the presence of Root. In case you do not have root after the upgrading of LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi A2 then flash the Lineage U Binary or SuperSU or Magisk.
- Now that you have done everything, you are all set to enjoy the LineageOS 17 on your Xiaomi Mi A2.
I hope that you have successfully installed the LineageOS 17 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi A2. However, if there are any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Happy Androiding 🙂
Basically a gamer, I tend to find Android so amusing that ended up creating a blog where I could share with you all that i am aware of and could be. Passion overtook me to an extent that I decided to be a full time technology blogger. Besides gaming, eating sleeping and Androiding is what keeps me going!