Recently Google released its latest Android 10 Q and it was rolled out on all the Google pixel phones along with Redmi K20 series. This most awaited update of the year brought some really useful features for the users that will enhance their Android experience. Along with this official release, there is one more thing released – AOSP 10 Source Code. Recently, the Android Xiaomi Mi 9 got the unofficial version of LineageOS 17.
And here we are sharing the download links as well as a method to install LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi 9. For those who do not know, Android 10 is the latest OS from Google that offers system UI Changes as well as some really cool features which we have mentioned below.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 9 –
- The Xiaomi Mi 9 was launched in 2019, February
- It comes with a screen size of 6.39 inches
- It is powered by
- The screen type is Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colours
- The selfie camera comes in 20 MP and the rear camera is of 48 MP,12 MP &
- The internal storage is with a RAM of 64GB 6GB RAM, 64GB 8GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM
- The battery is of Li-Po 3300 mAh.
Android 10 Features –
- System-wide dark mode
- focus mode
- family link
- faster security updates
- location control
- privacy control
- live caption
- smart reply
- Navigation gestures
- sound amplifier
- and so on.
What is LineageOS 17 Android 10 Q Build?
LineageOS is an open-source and free Custom ROM for Android phones. It offers the Android 10 features along with the Lineage Customization options that let the users be more advanced.
The LineageOS 17 which is based on Android 10 Q is now available for download for Xiaomi Mi 9. In this article, we are sharing the download links to the ROM file along with the GApps zip file so that users can enjoy the LineageOS 17 on their Android Xiaomi Mi 9. Here we go –
We at www.androidjungles.com are not responsible for any sort of damage caused to your Xiaomi Mi 9 while performing the below guide. This article is for educational purpose only and we do not recommend the use of any Custom ROMs which might come with some bugs and/or stability issues. Perform it at your own peril.
Download & Install LineageOS 17 for your Xiaomi Mi 9 based on Android 10 Q
Here is a step-by-step short guide on how you can install LineageOS 17 based on Android 10 Q for your Xiaomi Mi 9. But before that, here are some prerequisites and downloads that you will have to follow. Below that we have also mentioned the guide for those who are upgrading from the earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Unlock Bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Take a complete backup of your Android Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Install TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Have a battery percentage of at least 50%.
- Download the essential files from the links given below.
Lineage OS 17 Download
Gapps for Lineage OS 17: Download
Install LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi 9 –
Step 1. Assuming that you have followed all the prerequisites, you can now begin the actual process by copying the TWRP image file, ROM Zip File as well as the GApps file to the internal storage of your Xiaomi Mi 9.
Step 2. Then reboot your Xiaomi Mi 9 and boot into the TWRP Recovery Mode.
Step 3. In the TWRP Menu, click on the option of Install and then go to Install image and choose TWRP image file from where you had copied it in the first step.
Step 4. Then swipe right to confirm the flashing process.
Step 5. Once again reboot to recovery mode.
Step 6. Go to the Wipe Cache and Data partition in the TWRP menu.
Step 7. Here, choose the option of ‘Select advanced Wipe‘ then ‘select data, system, vendor, cache. Finally Swipe to wipe.
Step 8. Now flash the ROM Zip file from the Install section.
Step 9. By default, the system will be already mounted, just uncheck it and remount system and vendor manually. Alongside, flash the GApps file too.
Step 10. Restart your Xiaomi Mi 9 and be patient as the procedure will take some time.
Upgrading from the earlier version of LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi 9
- Copy the latest LineageOS 17 ROM Zip file for Xiaomi Mi 9 along with the GApps zip file or Magisk Root Package.
- Now boot into Recovery so as to flash the updated LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Then from the TWRP Recovery menu, wipe the system partition.
- Then install the Updated LineageOS 17 for Xiaomi Mi 9.
- Restart your Xiaomi Mi 9 and see if the GApps are available or not.
- In case you do not get the GApps even after upgrading the LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi 9, then simply flash the GApps.
- Now do verification for the presence of Root. In case you do not have root after the upgrading of LineageOS 17 on Xiaomi Mi 9 then flash the Lineage U Binary or SuperSU or Magisk.
- Now that you have done everything, you are all set to enjoy the LineageOS 17 on your Xiaomi Mi 9.
I hope that you have successfully installed the LineageOS 17 ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 9. However, if there are any doubts, feel free to ask us in the comment section below.
Happy Androiding 🙂