Download and install firmware file for Lenovo A6000: In this article, we have mentioned for you the download files and method to install the firmware file. We have also provided for you a step by step guide on how to flash your device using the flashing firmware file. Keep reading further for more.
At situations when you have rooted your device or installed Custom ROMs on it, later on you realize that your phone was better off without the rooting and other stuff. Or else, a common problem most of us face is that we root our phone and then if we get an update of the device, we wish to go back to what the phone was when came from the manufacturer.
In certain cases, you will need to stock the firmware of your device the most. Yes, the phone bricked case! This nightmare if came true, can lead you in no time to flash your device. When your phone is bricked, it will not respond to any senses and will also not boot properly or may even get stuck in the bootloop. Problems like this can be very annoying.
For such unwanted situations, you can make use of a special sets of files called the Stock firmware flash files that help you with going back to your device settings as it came to you at the first place. And that is what’s going to be our topic for today.
What is ROM?
- 1 What is ROM?
- 2 What is Stock Firmware file?
- 3 How Flash Stock Firmware file on your Lenovo A6000:
- 4 Features of Stock ROM:
- 5 Advantages of Stock ROM:
- 6 Disadvantages of Stock ROM:
ROM is the abbreviation used for Read Only Memory. It is an operating system software that is responsible to run your Android device. It is a part of the hardware on your android smartphone or tablet. Android comes as two forms in ROM: 1. Stock ROM and 2. Custom ROM.
What is Stock Firmware file?
A Stock Firmware file is an official software designed by the manufacturer for a specific device. Firmware is a programming which is written to a non volatile memory of a hardware device.It is added at the time of manufacturing. In simpler words, it can be called a software that allows the hardware to run.
A Stock Firmware file is the operating system in its default form, without any modifications made to it except for any device particular support needed to run it on that specific device. This firmware provides a standard user experience of the OS without any functional changes made to it.
Stock firmware are mostly chosen over the Custom firmware since they undergo a number of testing phases and ensure the user better security, bug free package and stability as well before deployment or release.
Key Features of Lenovo A6000:
- The Lenovo A6000 was launched in 2015, January.
- The Lenovo A6000 comes with a 5.0 inch display screen and a resolution power of 720 × 1280 Pixels.
- You get a 2MP front and a 8MP rear screen.
- There comes a 2300mAh battery which is removable.
- The phone consists of an internal memory of 8GB or 1GB coupled with a RAM.
- This device runs on Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 Chipset.
- Lenovo A6000 come with Adreno 306 GPU.
- The Smartphone is runing on Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.
Download Lenovo A6000 Stock Firmware Flash File:
DOWNLOAD Lenovo A6000 STOCK FIRMWARE FLASH FILE
Pre- Requisite to install the Stock Firmware flash file on your Lenovo A6000:
- This guide is only for Lenovo device. Follow this guide with utmost attention since there are chance you may end up bricking your phone if you make a mistake.
- Micro SD Card.
- Make sure you take a Back up of your device data.
- Install Lenovo USB Driver.
- Charge your device fully. Check to have at least 70% of the charging on your Lenovo A6000 or it may cause hindrance at the time of flashing process.
How Flash Stock Firmware file on your Lenovo A6000:
Before getting into the actual process of installing the Lenovo A6000 Stock Firmware Flash File on your PC do note that this method works on almost every Lenovo device. And you should perform this process with utmost care since there are chances you may end up with your device bricked if you make some mistake.
Here is how you can flash the Lenovo A6000 with the Lenovo A6000 Stock Firmware Flash File:
Step 1: To begin with the flashing process of your Lenovo A6000, Download and install Android USB Driver on your Windows PC. You can skip to the next step if you have already installed them on your PC.
Step 2: Switch off your Lenovo Smartphone and remove its battery if it is removable.
Step 3: Now Download the Stock ROM Firmware flash file for Lenovo A6000. Then extract it on your PC.
Step 4: Now Download and extract the Smart Phone Flash Tool on your Computer.
Step 5: There you will come across a number of files on your screen of which, open the Flash_tool.exe. You will find this from the extracted files in step 4.
Step 6: When you launch the Smart Phone Flash Tool, click on the download tab.
Step 7: Click on the Scatter Loading Button in the Download Tab.
Step 8: Search the Scatter File in the Stock ROM folder.
Step 9: Now Click on the Download Button to initiate the process of flashing.
Step 10: Its time you connect your Lenovo A6000 to the Computer via the USB Cables. Once you connect the device to the Computer, press the Volume Down or the Volume Up key so that the computer can detect your device with ease.
Step 11: Once you are done with the flashing process, a green ring will appear on the screen.
Step 12: You can now Disconnect your Lenovo A6000 from the Computer and close the Smart Phone Flash Tool.
You are done here! You have successfully flashed the stock firmware on your Lenovo A6000.
Features of Stock ROM:
- No Virus issues: While you have installed the Custom ROM, there are chances that the developer of that Custom ROM has injected some harmful malware or virus into it. This does not really cause a lot of damage to your device but you may end up in your private information stolen. You can also come across annoying irrelevant and constant ads. However, with the Stock ROM on your device you do not have to face such issues any more.
- Ensured Warranty: Rooting is considered to be a threat to the warranty terms and conditions of the Smartphone by most of the manufacturers all around the globe. At times, if the manufacturer of your device cancels the warranty of your device, it is preferable to have stock ROM on your device since it does not void the warranty by any means.
- Custom ROM Lagging issues solved: One of the major issues that users face a lot in Custom ROM is the lagging problem. Due to some sort of dysfunction, the Custom ROM turns out to be unsupported to your device and hence the Lenovo A6000 lags often. But when you flash your device, you can get rid of this problem.
- Upgrade or Downgrade Lenovo A6000: When you have rooted your device, you do not get to update it and this may turn annoying. However, you can flash stock firmware on your device to upgrade or downgrade Lenovo A6000.
- Other advantages: You can Unroot your Lenovo A6000 using the Lenovo the Stock ROM. You can also make use of Stock ROM firmware flash file on your Lenovo A6000 in case you already had installed Custom ROM and it was causing lagging issues on your device. You can solve a number of software problems by flashing the stock firmware on your device.
Advantages of Stock ROM:
As Stock ROM is an end product of a number of a number of research, study and experiments, there comes a good amount of advantage of the Stock firmware. Some of them are as below:
- The stock ROM firmware is usually stable upon its release.
- The updates are pushed by itself to the device by the carrier.
- Nearly all the bugs are patched at the time of extensive beta testing before release.
- The Stock ROM carries the official support by the firmware vendor device manufacturer and the mobile service carrier.
Disadvantages of Stock ROM:
As everything has its own advantages, there come disadvantages as well. Here are some you should have a look at:
- The updates are not as frequent as the development is done most of the times by corporations who have to follow a scheduled release cycle. Also, the Updates are mostly released first in the United States and then in the rest of the World.
- The official help process may seem to be quite hassle oriented and time consuming.You cannot send any sort of feedback to the manufacturer if you come across any issues or want some help in the process.
- When the manufacturers decide to not release official updates for their older device in the favor of new ones, their users get stuck with the old operating system version. This happens with most of the Andriod device users.
- In case the device manufacturer and the developer of the Android operating system are different, then any of the updates released by the developer of operating system has to be edited by the device manufacturer or mobile carrier for adding compatibility and additional software before the release. And this results in delayed update which get delayed by months.
- Lot of Operating system developers, device manufacturers or mobile service carriers put limitations in the stock firmware ranging from locking the use of the device with one network or region to disabling the side loading of apps not available in the official app market, to advanced restrictions that remove any chance to get root access.
This was all about flashing stock firmware on Lenovo A6000. For more such articles, keep visiting our Page- Android Jungles. Or you can also subscribe to our Newsletter so as to receive timely notifications of our posts and not miss on any update of the technology world.
I hope you guys have found our article on Installing Lenovo Stock ROM Firmware flash file fruitful. If you have any queries on the processes mentioned above or think that we might have missed something, you can let us know in the comment section below. We will be glad to help you.